The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

I call Bullshit

Old 01-23-2008, 05:03 AM
banana republic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are good points.

As humans, we are predisposed to violence. If there is something that we don't believe in, we fight it. If there is something different, we try to change it. Blacks and whites are the same. One is black, the other white. Each wants to inflict it's will upon the other. It's funny you mention asians and hispanics though. I worked for a guy who was from Taiwan. The more I got to know him, the more I despised him. Not because of his work ethics or the way he treated me.....No, It was his complete and utter hate for anything to do with anything that was not from Taiwan. He could tell where someone who was asian was from simply by looking at the most of the time. He said it was their facial features. If that failed, he would ask them their name. If their last name was "Wang" or "Wong", they were instantly on the approval list for anything this guy offered no matter what thei credit was. Unreal in my opinion.

In America, we continuously fight ourselves trying to bridge the racial gaps. In (some) other countries though, they use race as a safety card to keep out others who would do them harm. Sad, but true.

Someone above mentioned Jews. Funny, that one. They were killed by the thousands. Gassed and shot while they were unarmed and helpless. Seems they found a way to figure out who they were. I would be willing to be that a person from Poland would be able to pick me out of a group of people without German descent and say that I was at least PART German. Which would be true. I am also part Russian, and part Welsh. These three things make up who I am physicaly. However, in the end, I am an American. Yes, I have the blood of other countries in my veins. So does a black man. I have other races in me. So do most black men and women. Why are they any different because they have a bit more pigment in their skin than me? Well, they DO have a different physical make up than I do. Their muscles are designed differently. Their facial features are designed differently. They are more suseptable to different diseases than I am (sicle cell anemia among others). And, this is the biggie, they (most anyway) are brought up with a different mind set than I was.

Don't hate them because their black or white, show them the same compassion that you would if they were the opposite.

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Token8703
I'm not claiming to be an expert on slavery or anything such as that. But i believe the whole problem started with the fact that the slaves were black........Yes there were slaves in Africa and they obviously sold slaves to the Americans, but the problem in this scenerio is when you try and free the slaves and bring equality, it's known exactly who the slaves were, thus continuing the belittling of those who were once enslaved in a vicious cycle. While people believed slavery should end, it still had the problem of people knowing exactly who the slaves were allowing them to put themselves above them.

Had the slaves been white then once freed no one would be able to tell the difference, this IMO could have resulted if the slaves brought over had been of Asian decent as well as Hispanic, it just so happens the slaves were black. I mean slavery is obviously nothing new, nor was it at the time even, but the fact that the slaves were different from those who were in charge is what caused the chain reaction in trying to make everything equal per-say.

Just my two cents........But feel free to go back to your incredibly racist debate

Those are some good points. Except that last one

I don't think many people see a black person and think hey that guys family must have been a former slave. It's in the past and should be left there as a dark peice of history. Today black people have more opportunities then about any other race when it comes getting ahead because of your skin color.
Also not ever black person here has family that was enslaved. I know hundreds of thousands come from other countries to make a better life here but they are still treated better.

I also beleive the mindset of alot of the minorities is to keep within their races and the build pockets of themselves. I forget who said it but going about it that way isn't how you become excepted and a real american. If you live amongst only people like you (minorities) and don't show people your culture and race they won't understand you as a person or your people as a whole.

Oh and one last thing this is america so learn to speak english! <---- not even kidding!

My Project
Old 01-24-2008, 09:26 AM

^ I know entirely what your saying as i wasn't saying it's that way today because i think slavery is so far behind us that no one really even thinks about the fact that anyone was ever enslaved anymore. I was just reffering to the transition of black people no longer being slaves. Because obviously if your white and you owned black people as if they were any other material object, your really not going to treat them as fairly as you should even if your intensions may be in the right place.

I know if roles had been reversed and white people were slaves as opposed to blacks and the black people were the slave masters that white people would still be having a very hard time to this day. Sure, you'd like to think that everything would be all equal and what not, but the fact remains that people are still racist black and white which continues to go through generations. While it might start to make it's way out little by little, there's still very much something there, whether it be full pledged or just a certain perception of another race, it just happens to be there.

Even though slavery ended a long time ago, civil rights really isn't all too far in the past when you consider how very messed up things were at the time as far as equality goes........I mean as long as that generation is very much alive those who opposed are also around with it as well as the generations they've spawned along with it.

Sorry for going back into all of this non-sense, i just kinda feel like people don't check out the bigger picture sometimes regarding how many factors are involved in all of this. I wish it were all so simple, but then we wouldn't have any problems would we. One just kinda has to go about things as they are and take things as they come. So enough with my rant, and i suppose i'll prepare for those who feel the need to chime in with more blatant racism Not reffering to everyone of course, but you get the idea.