The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

I call Bullshit

Old 01-20-2008, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here is a little more for you. Standing in the line at Publics and I look at the magazines. Right at the new copy of EBONY.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by plazma
Oh I get it because she got that scholorship rather then some poor white girl means we should keep AA. lol

About the naacp they are already a bunch of fucking idiots that cause trouble where ever they can. Same as alot of the bs the aclu are now doing. (shame as thats a good idea)
No, you don't get it. That and many other scholarships were sponsored by and intended for minorities. Secondly, AA has nothing to do with it, cpmpletely seperate issue. You are obviously too closed-minded to attempt to understand what I am saying and you see what you want to see.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

93 Coupe - check out my blog - http://www.93coupe.com
01 Cobra - Stockified - Wife Owned and operated
68 Coupe PROJECT <- Been in the family for 25 years!
Old 01-21-2008, 03:01 AM
Bondsman

U.S. incarceration rates by race, June 30, 2006:

Whites: 409 per 100,000
Latinos: 1,038 per 100,000
Blacks: 2,468 per 100,000
Gender is an important "filter" on the who goes to prison or jail, June 30, 2006:

Females: 134 per 100,000
Males: 1,384 per 100,000
Look at just the males by race, and the incarceration rates become even more frightening, June 30, 2006:

White males: 736 per 100,000
Latino males: 1,862 per 100,000
Black males: 4,789 per 100,000
If you look at males aged 25-29 and by race, you can see what is going on even clearer, June 30, 2006:

For White males ages 25-29: 1,685 per 100,000.
For Latino males ages 25-29: 3,912 per 100,000.
For Black males ages 25-29: 11,695 per 100,000. (That's 11.7% of Black men in their late 20s.)"
All races good for business
VVVVVVVV
Old 01-21-2008, 09:16 AM

^^hahah

Old 01-21-2008, 09:32 AM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Originally Posted by bitemark46
"On December 31, 2005, there were 2,193,798 people in U.S. prisons and jails. The United States incarcerates a greater share of its population, 737 per 100,000 residents, than any other country on the planet. But when you break down the statistics you see that incarceration is not an equal opportunity punishment.

U.S. incarceration rates by race, June 30, 2006:

Whites: 409 per 100,000
Latinos: 1,038 per 100,000
Blacks: 2,468 per 100,000
Gender is an important "filter" on the who goes to prison or jail, June 30, 2006:

Females: 134 per 100,000
Males: 1,384 per 100,000
Look at just the males by race, and the incarceration rates become even more frightening, June 30, 2006:

White males: 736 per 100,000
Latino males: 1,862 per 100,000
Black males: 4,789 per 100,000
If you look at males aged 25-29 and by race, you can see what is going on even clearer, June 30, 2006:

For White males ages 25-29: 1,685 per 100,000.
For Latino males ages 25-29: 3,912 per 100,000.
For Black males ages 25-29: 11,695 per 100,000. (That's 11.7% of Black men in their late 20s.)"

And people wonder.
wow! great find.......insane #'s
Old 01-21-2008, 10:22 AM
banana republic

As long as there are different races, there will be racism. White women do their part trying to eliminate different races by sleeping with black men. and asian women do their part by sleeping with white men. But what do the men do? We sleep with them all. LOL

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said "NAACP The Clan with a tan". LOL

I want a white appreciation month damn it!

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?
Old 01-21-2008, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said "NAACP The Clan with a tan".
bbwwwahahhahaha

Old 01-21-2008, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stangonline
No, you don't get it. That and many other scholarships were sponsored by and intended for minorities. Secondly, AA has nothing to do with it, cpmpletely seperate issue. You are obviously too closed-minded to attempt to understand what I am saying and you see what you want to see.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
Funny I was thinking that same thing about how you don't get it. If you want to be realistic the majority of the specialty scholarships are mainly sponsered by the government.

As for being closed minded you are pretty quick to jump the gun on calling a complete stranger closed minded. As far as I can tell the only person in our conversation that hasn't said it has its good and bad points is me not you. Try opening up your mind cracker lol

I'm older then some younger then others. Way younger then a few

My Project
Old 01-21-2008, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by plazma
Funny I was thinking that same thing about how you don't get it. If you want to be realistic the majority of the specialty scholarships are mainly sponsered by the government.

As for being closed minded you are pretty quick to jump the gun on calling a complete stranger closed minded. As far as I can tell the only person in our conversation that hasn't said it has its good and bad points is me not you. Try opening up your mind cracker lol

I'm older then some younger then others. Way younger then a few
Many of them are - but they are sponsored specifically for minorities. By listening to people in this thread, you would think that everyone applied for them, and only minorities got them. There is a wisdom in providing higher education for certain groups of people - people who might otherwise be a burden on society. Some of these people aren't where they are because they want to be - they want out and although they have some opportunities, they might not be given the same fair-shake that whites might get. Many people feel like this is taking food off their tables, but really, it's less personal - nothing to do with them... Yes, tax $ go to these programs, then students hopefully return the favor by being solid tax-payers themselves instead of a burden.

I don't agree with everything 100% but I do see the logic in most of it instead of just making a blanket statement that it's unfair and shoulw go away.

Sorry if I came off harsh. It's just irritating to take the time to explain my point of view, just to be TOLD what I am thinking. It seemed that you read what you wanted to read but didn't get my point.

Jeff

Old 01-21-2008, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Stangonline
Many of them are - but they are sponsored specifically for minorities. By listening to people in this thread, you would think that everyone applied for them, and only minorities got them. There is a wisdom in providing higher education for certain groups of people - people who might otherwise be a burden on society. Some of these people aren't where they are because they want to be - they want out and although they have some opportunities, they might not be given the same fair-shake that whites might get. Many people feel like this is taking food off their tables, but really, it's less personal - nothing to do with them... Yes, tax $ go to these programs, then students hopefully return the favor by being solid tax-payers themselves instead of a burden.

I don't agree with everything 100% but I do see the logic in most of it instead of just making a blanket statement that it's unfair and shoulw go away.

Sorry if I came off harsh. It's just irritating to take the time to explain my point of view, just to be TOLD what I am thinking. It seemed that you read what you wanted to read but didn't get my point.

Jeff
Fair enough.

I don't care about the reasons for you thinking the way you do about this subject as I have heard them all. I do appriciate that you have an opinion about it that is well thought out and your own for your own reasons.

I also want to to make sure you don't get what I said wrong about them mostly killing off the AA. I don't think it should go away completely but I do think it is time to scale back before we as a people start having ill will towards one another based just on your color as alot of people here seem to already be doing. I didn't how ever say it should taken away completely.

I do disagree with providing a higher level of education to only certain people. I think we need to give everyone an equal chance that is not based on the color of your skin but rather on your own hard work.

Don't worry about being harsh as I'm not going to take you being intense about anything you care about as anything but a good thing. Now call me an asshole or something and that I might take personal and i'll think thats harsh.

My Project