Drifting The art of going sideways

Behind the Scenes: "The Spot"

Old 07-26-2004, 02:24 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Behind the Scenes: "The Spot"

Here's the deal:
Channel 8's locally produced show called "THE SPOT" will be airing a segment on DRIFTING. Footage will include some footage taken at the Channel 8 studio today, and Footage from DDAY1, DDAY2, and Miami.

Here is a 2 min "behind the scenes" look at what was shot today.....enjoy

15megs Divx.
Right Click and Save as:

Mad Props to Bill and Matt for showing up, and to Bone for setting this up.

Bill.....so, how did it feel to drift in Downtown Tampa in the middle of a Monday?

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 07-26-2004, 02:27 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

I saw bills car and the Enkuku car in S.tampa today around 1pm ish heading north on dale mabry by plant highschool. It was kinda weird seeing a S15 front end coming from the other direction then realizing who it was. Must of been for the shoot

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 07-26-2004, 02:31 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Also Charles, when is this segment supposed to be released?

TR Profile
Myspace Profile
Old 07-26-2004, 02:42 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

They headed out to eat after the shoot...and you probably didn't notice the Steeda Mustang with them....that was John (Vapor)

The show will air on August 8th @ 1am. It's actaully saturday night after SNL.

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 07-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Blingo!?!

and before anyone says anything, that was not a public road, it was part of chan 8's property and we did have permission of the owner and it was closed off

20TenProductions "Born to lose and Destined to fail!"
Old 07-26-2004, 03:11 PM
i wanna go fast

the footage looks good. i hope the spot is portrayed well on TV.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:22 PM
IM THE NEW F-T-W CHAMP!

SUPASTARS!!!!!!!!!!
Evldereckx2 [5:48 PM]: hey if u hook it up with a fatty thats a good excuse to get a sr lol
Ag04 [5:49 PM]: lmao
Ag04 [5:50 PM]: "but daaaaaad.... I need those cams, injectors, and dyno tuning to still get a 12 sec 1/4 with my 250lb g/f in the car!!!

heres your sign!!!! http://www.myspaceisgay.com/
Old 07-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Blingo!?!

yea the only footage they ave is of DDay I, DDay II, and Miami, plus the interviews they did today and that one segway they did with April in the car, I was very careful in setting it up, and who came out and what was said, and how it was talked about. We stressed the legal events and only talked about them, we tried our best to cover every base and not give them anything that could be used against us or twisted, when I talked I only talked about the sport as a whole because I am not a drifter, and I stressed that, I just talked about its history and cross over to america and legal events like drift showoff and the D1 events going on now. Also this was not for a news show, this was for a youth culture show, and I understand the concerns that come with exposure, but they did give us great control over the segment, and really went for our input not just hey give us a quote and get off our property.

Believe me when I say I have spent countless hrs over the past 3 weeks to cover every base and look at what could happen if we slip and say something stupid.

20TenProductions "Born to lose and Destined to fail!"
Old 07-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Turn 7 at Sebring

Good stuff It's always great when the sport gets some positive coverage!
Old 07-26-2004, 03:59 PM
Haul'n the Family

Hey guys, as some of you know....I work at Channel 8 as a production tech/videographer. I work closely with the producers, shooters, and editors of the "Daytime" and "The Spot" shows almost everyday. I imagine they might use April's segment on Daytime as well which airs weekdays at 10am. That often happens. So expect double coverage.
I volunteered my personal footage for my personal project that I shot at DDay II as well. I had gotten some great shots. Charles' (RiceRocket) footage looked awesome as well and with his permission, passed that along to them. Not sure what they will use. Sometimes these segements can be less then a minute, sometimes up to four or five minutes. Its hard to say. Much of it depends on how much "sold" time they have for a show as well.

I have been on vactation and out of town till today, so I'm sorry I missed the shoot. I would have loved to meet many of you.
I don't have any pull at all around there, but be assured that none of what you all shot will be used for news. Production and News are two seperate departments.
Also, if I can, in the most professional way possible, I will try to stress to the producers/editors how important it is to portray your sport/interest in the most positive manor.
I wouldn't worry about it though. You're in good hands. WFLA has some of the best shooters and editors in the biz. I'm not just saying that. These guys are top notch pro's.
Any questions concerns feel free to contact me personally at work:
-Ben
beytalis@wfla.com or 924-4267