Drifting The art of going sideways

The "List" - By: Professional Armchair Drift Analyst "Slash"

Old 05-24-2004, 08:21 AM
THE HAMMER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The "List" - By: Professional Armchair Drift Analyst "Slash"

Things I was most impressed with on D-Day 2 (In no particular order except what ADD is bringing to my head)

-The Z31 comboing the first 1/2 of the course, extremely impressive. Recieving the award of "Fuck the haters, I'm doing this shit!"

-GB's work in the skyline, "Making a great car look better" award, as well as his own car's graphics package. (Garage Buuuzzzzzzbazbazbazbazbazazaza)

-Taka in Funk's car. Recieving the "Most violent entry award" for his very japanesse looking entries, from nothing to WWAAYY out in an instant.

-Bill in the miata with the "Mary-Jane" Award for smoking us all out Especially out of the last 1/2 of the track. Bill's performance was outstanding all day, also earning him the "Endurance" award. With 1 more award to shower him with, the "Car? What Car?" award due to how easilly he switches from car to another and back without missing a beat (big variances in platforms). Bill can basically jump in anything and just go at it, a skill I wish I could duplicate some day.

- "Your car's noise makes me cream my pants" goes to -Timmah! (aka marksaccord) no need for explaniation.

- "Highest entry speed" in my eyes goes to Mattback in the Enjuku Racing project S13.5. Very impressive coming out of the first 1/2 of the track and entering the far sweeper! Not to say you didnt also do excellent as a whole at the track, the videos ive got are staying

- Slash's winnar for the "Wouldnt catch me wearing that!" costume contest. Funk with the pink, wouldnt catch me wearing that!

-"Oddest car" award is a tie between the volvo and the STI... STi actually comboed the track so that put it in contention. Volvo was awesome to see sideways as well.

- The girls, for continuing to improve, now nailing combos at a track near you!! (BTW girls, you got jessica all drift-cited, maybe you have a rugby playing member of "No ho's" Sometime)

- The "Biggest Shocker" Goes to Jay and General Lee.. To be honest I thought his work at D-day 1 was good, but not enough to compete with the top level of florida drifters, this was mainly due to the lack of smoothness in the drift, and the non-consistant entries in both the D-day1 video, and his work at the other track ni central florida posted on this forum (read my post below to realize I had limited data from D-day 1 on jay that I am basing my conclusion on). This could have been a result of many things non driver related such as a lopsided power curve due to the GT25R, or a different suspension setup or unconsistant diff. But the overall package produced a show that was great, but not necessarally putting my eyes on stalks.

Enough with the bashing of the old. Jay TORE IT UP this weekend, I was impressed over and over again, you might as well have implanted him into a Drift Tengoku video with his first 1/2 section mastery, even on the first run in the morning I was thinking " I wish I could wake up to this EVERY MORNING".

I can now see that for the forseeable future, Jay will be a MAJOR force in florida drifting for the existing elites to deal with.

OK! So that ends my 2nd episode of "Professional Armchair Drift Analyst"!

FLAME AWAY!!

-Slash
"Professional Armchair Drift Analyst"

(Note: The information within did not contain the opinions of TR, real l33t drifters, or anyone cool.... Cept maybe me, but my coolness is sketchy sometimes )
Old 05-24-2004, 09:58 AM
THE HAMMER

no replies? I know its not perfect, and i'm sure i had to leave someone out... feel free to add some other awards of your own!

also..

BIG THANKS TO THE STAFF.. all of you are All Stars!
Old 05-24-2004, 10:09 AM

you didnt get the 5.0..... the FF civic hatchback that was pretting damn smooth....
Old 05-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Anti Emo

who was in the z31????????????? i would like to meet up and talk to him show me some tips cuz i cant combo my z.

project doomreaper
93 240 coupe s13 widebody (just needs an sr20 and its done)

89 240sx drift monster sold
92 galant vr4 #944 sold
91 laser rs turbo sold
92 sentra sold
Old 05-24-2004, 10:24 AM
THE HAMMER

Originally posted by Spazum888
you didnt get the 5.0..... the FF civic hatchback that was pretting damn smooth....
while I was glad the 5.0 was there, it wasnt the same form of shocking impression that I was given by the others in my list, however its a BIG step in the world of drifting to have more domestics.

The civic was smooth, very smooth, but once again, it wasnt a "shocker" to me at least

Different strokes for different folks!
Old 05-24-2004, 10:36 AM
truck motor>joo

jay didnt rock out in the first dday? um, yeah sure.

"welcome to the club"? dude...

im trying to not be an asshole, sorry.

www.floridadrift.com
Old 05-24-2004, 10:40 AM
IM THE NEW F-T-W CHAMP!

if the guy in the stang gets his car stiffend up that thig will be great it just looked like the body roll in that car was hell. but hey next to the vulvul its probly was the heaviest car out there. so he gets my hardest car to drift award.
Evldereckx2 [5:48 PM]: hey if u hook it up with a fatty thats a good excuse to get a sr lol
Ag04 [5:49 PM]: lmao
Ag04 [5:50 PM]: "but daaaaaad.... I need those cams, injectors, and dyno tuning to still get a 12 sec 1/4 with my 250lb g/f in the car!!!

heres your sign!!!! http://www.myspaceisgay.com/
Old 05-24-2004, 10:41 AM
IM THE NEW F-T-W CHAMP!

get er dun!
Evldereckx2 [5:48 PM]: hey if u hook it up with a fatty thats a good excuse to get a sr lol
Ag04 [5:49 PM]: lmao
Ag04 [5:50 PM]: "but daaaaaad.... I need those cams, injectors, and dyno tuning to still get a 12 sec 1/4 with my 250lb g/f in the car!!!

heres your sign!!!! http://www.myspaceisgay.com/
Old 05-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Anti Emo

Originally posted by agemomai
jay didnt rock out in the first dday? um, yeah sure.

"welcome to the club"? dude...

im trying to not be an asshole, sorry.
ya bro jay fucking owned dday1 i think he is a badass driver.

project doomreaper
93 240 coupe s13 widebody (just needs an sr20 and its done)

89 240sx drift monster sold
92 galant vr4 #944 sold
91 laser rs turbo sold
92 sentra sold
Old 05-24-2004, 10:53 AM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Okay....I shot the DDay1 and DDay2 videos, and I have seen it all 100's of times, and Jay kicked ass at DDay1.

As far as DDay 2: in no particular order
Matt
Erik (I spelled it right this time!)
Jay
Blake
Bill

As far as I am concerned, these were the top 5 drivers.

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com