Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Ninja 1000?

Old 02-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just one question.

Why haven't you bought a Hayabusa yet?

You're in for a rude awakening if you think you're going to hop on a fucking Ninja and tour the state.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:18 PM

Maybe so but have you even seen the new ninja 1000? im not talking the ZX10r. the N1k is based of of the Z1000 its a full faired standard.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Gun Nut

I have to agree. Sportbikes and touring just don't mix.

If you want sporty looks and comfort then check this out.
Ducati Multistrada 1200 - Ducati

Other than that, what's your thought on a Harley....yeah yeah I know. But the Vrod muscle would work with what you want it for and looks great.
2005 Ford F150 FX4
Old 02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
they call me baby Jesus

i miss our z1k man
Old 02-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Once Ruled The World .l..

I was going to type something.. but then I was hypnotized by Saywhaa's avatar....

Wait, where were we...

Sounds like your minds made up.. I am not much of a Kawi guy.. I would look around at the competetion.. You realized you are going to be stopping at least every hour to stretch or for your woman to stretch..

Sport & Super Sport bikes aren't really made for touring.. But, whatever.. I would go sit on some bikes with her and see what is most comfortable, just sitting. Be sure to try Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Triumph...etc.... Don't limit yourself to a maker, just because your last bike was a Kawi... and, then look into memory foam or gel seat upgrades... Maybe a com system...

Are you going to put her on the 250 eventually?

TR
"Old Skool EF & DA Crews" Member #46
TR "Wagovan Club" Member #1
Old 02-15-2012, 06:01 PM

I had her riding the 250 last week. We are tracking down electrical demons with the bike, it keeps popping the 10amp fuse that runs the cluster and tail light. We have found the area that is causing the fuse to pop but there is no way that the area is touching metal so when I have a free night I am going to try and track it with some water in the dark and see where the spark is jumping at and go from there. my 250 has almost 15k on it and is kind of worn out as far as looks and suspension go (the previous owner dropped and kind of jacked it up) I paid 2500 out the door for that bike.... seriously scew eco green those guys are shiesty
Old 02-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Resident Ginger Kid...

Originally Posted by 87foxGT
I had her riding the 250 last week. We are tracking down electrical demons with the bike, it keeps popping the 10amp fuse that runs the cluster and tail light. We have found the area that is causing the fuse to pop but there is no way that the area is touching metal so when I have a free night I am going to try and track it with some water in the dark and see where the spark is jumping at and go from there. my 250 has almost 15k on it and is kind of worn out as far as looks and suspension go (the previous owner dropped and kind of jacked it up) I paid 2500 out the door for that bike.... seriously scew eco green those guys are shiesty
Yea they are, they sell at the 125% of retail value on shitty bikes...

2005 Joe Gibbs Silverado # 0396
1988 Monte Carlo SS 5.3/T56 and too many mods.
2003 Honda 954RR
Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Blood In Blood Out

Originally Posted by BAMF
You're in for a rude awakening if you think you're going to hop on a fucking Ninja and tour the state.

Meh, it can be done. Is it sensible? Maybe not, but it can be done.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Once Ruled The World .l..

I used to work at BMW and they make some nice touring bikes.. I used to leave my GSXR1000 at work and take home a K1200LT on a once a week basis, or when it was raining.. Comfortable!!! and Smooth.. ABS was Nice too.. Electric Kick Stand... Radio.. Adjustable windscreen.. I could keep going.. I might even buy one someday.. Service on a BMW $$$$$$$.. I should know.. I was a service writer...

TR
"Old Skool EF & DA Crews" Member #46
TR "Wagovan Club" Member #1
Old 02-16-2012, 03:35 AM

As far as the Harley thing goes, I have the oppurtunity to buy a 97 sportster that has been completely redone from the ground up. engines bottom end was stroked and poked the top end was replaced with an S&S kit, everything else on the bike is showroom quality, I know the guy who is selling it and has been a family friend since before I was born and is only asking 7k cash.

downside is I love the bike but don't really enjoy to ride Harley's like I do riding sport bikes. Also I would have to find a new seat for it as it is set up for one up riding only right now.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Ninja 1000?