Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Ninja 1000?

Old 02-14-2012, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Ninja 1000?

Thinking about buying a Ninja 1000 because I have outgrown my ninja 250 in every way possible. I was looking at sports bikes that would be somewhat comfortable for distance riding, be good for two up riding, have some balls, and still be pretty decent in the turns. My first bike of choice was an 09 hayabusa with low miles on it but it was sold and since then I have kind of realized that the Busa is not really my thing. Next choice was either between the Ninja 1000 or a Yamaha FZ1.

Was also thinking about an 09+ R1 but was talked out of it... and that is cool maybe one day down the road I can get one.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Blood In Blood Out

Just wondering why/how you were talked out of an 09 R1?

Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Resident Ginger Kid...

Sports bike and comfortable for long riding doesnt really go together in the same sentace. Also how long have you had a 250, are you sure your ready for a 1000? How big are you and why is a 600 or 750 ruled out?

2005 Joe Gibbs Silverado # 0396
1988 Monte Carlo SS 5.3/T56 and too many mods.
2003 Honda 954RR
Old 02-14-2012, 02:12 PM

I was talked out of an R1 because I less than 20 days to being married and my future wife loves to be on the bike with me. We have plans to tour the state and possible further on our new bike. So the R1 as much as I wanted it just didn't make sense to what we have planned. And I am okay with that... kind of

I have had the ninja for almost a year, and it has been far past the time to upgrade. I am 6' @ 210-215. And yes I am more than sure I am ready for a 1000. Just like with my 250 I didn't start doing risky stuff until I felt more confident with the bike and my riding ability. Now I feel way more confident in my riding ability than I do my bikes ability, scared the crap out of myself in a turn at about 70 scraped the left peg because of how low my '05 ex250 is. I am also getting a 1000 so that I can grow into the bike and have something that will bring smiles for a long time that way I won't burn out on it.

I like the styling of the sports bikes that is why I am leaning towards a sport touring like bike instead of a super sport bike. The N1k honestly seems like the best of both worlds that I'm after and they are really nice looking bikes. Like I said in the future I wouldn't mind trying to get myself an R1 it is just not the right decision right now as I am about to be a young married person who will want to be with my wife.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by 87foxGT
I was talked out of an R1 because I less than 20 days to being married and my future wife loves to be on the bike with me. We have plans to tour the state and possible further on our new bike. So the R1 as much as I wanted it just didn't make sense to what we have planned. And I am okay with that... kind of

FZ1 or try out a concours 1000 or 14

I have had the ninja for almost a year, and it has been far past the time to upgrade. I am 6' @ 210-215. And yes I am more than sure I am ready for a 1000. Just like with my 250 I didn't start doing risky stuff until I felt more confident with the bike and my riding ability. Now I feel way more confident in my riding ability than I do my bikes ability, scared the crap yout of myself in a turn at about 70 scraped the left peg because of how low my '05 ex250 is. I am also getting a 1000 so that I can grow into the bike and have something that will bring smiles for a long time that way I won't burn out on it.
I am positive you have not outgrown the 250 in terms of ridability (most experts don't outride the bike). You have alot to learn from this statement alone, sounds like you need to learn how to hang off (without dragging knee or parts). Decrease your lean angle and ride the proper way.
I like the styling of the sports bikes that is why I am leaning towards a sport touring like bike instead of a super sport bike. The N1k honestly seems like the best of both worlds that I'm after and they are really nice looking bikes. Like I said in the future I wouldn't mind trying to get myself an R1 it is just not the right decision right now as I am about to be a young married person who will want to be with my wife.
The idea of getting a smaller displacement bike isn't so "you can grow into it" it's so you can learn how to deal with the lack of margin of error.
You can fuck up ur throttle control on a 250 going through a curve and fix it relatively easy...the same thing you do on the 250 (which is generally rip on the throttle and turn ur head and look the direction you wanna go) doesn't work so easy on a liter bike. You rip that throttle you're just going to cause yourself more problems.

Don't be a fool and think because u drag parts on a 250 due to too much of a lean angle is a good thing.

Last edited by beverlyhillsninja; 02-14-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Blood In Blood Out

I like the styling of the sports bikes that is why I am leaning towards a sport touring like bike instead of a super sport bike. The N1k honestly seems like the best of both worlds that I'm after and they are really nice looking bikes.
Sounds like you already know what you want, and it's probably a wise thing not to go for the R1 if you are planning on touring the country with your wife. I think you should search for reviews and opinions on the N1K and see how others feel about it, then research what it's direct competitors are and compare and contrast all those.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:42 AM
they call me baby Jesus

you want to tour the country then get a fucking Can-Am bike...

otherwise get an 04 zx10r.
my dream bike.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:34 PM

Definitely not the country. We are going to start with the state and go down to key west, up to kissimmee, daytona, out to the cave in the pan handle. just do little mini vacations when we can by backpack. after we head up to the cave we may decide to head into georgia or further. If I could get her into SC for the dragontail road.... that would be sweet.

And a Can-Am bike? that would be like cutting off my balls.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Blood In Blood Out

And a Can-Am bike? that would be like cutting off my balls.
Fuck yeah, Can-ams are for faggots and celebrities.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:33 PM
they call me baby Jesus

fuck if i rode 2 up on any sport bike to the keys i would want to kill myself when i got there.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Ninja 1000?