Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Ninja 1000?

Old 02-16-2012, 04:26 AM
Gun Nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^
If you don't get that tug at the heart then its not what you want. If your going to spend a lot of money on something make it worthwhile. Think about what bike you want so bad that you'll think up excuses to go to the garage for "something" just to look at it. "honey....Im taking out the garbage AGAIN...." lol
2005 Ford F150 FX4
Old 02-16-2012, 05:17 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by 87foxGT
As far as the Harley thing goes, I have the oppurtunity to buy a 97 sportster that has been completely redone from the ground up. engines bottom end was stroked and poked the top end was replaced with an S&S kit, everything else on the bike is showroom quality, I know the guy who is selling it and has been a family friend since before I was born and is only asking 7k cash.

downside is I love the bike but don't really enjoy to ride Harley's like I do riding sport bikes. Also I would have to find a new seat for it as it is set up for one up riding only right now.
Well, you said you want to tour the state, not be broken down on the side of the highway in the state. So maybe not a late 90s Harley.

Sport tourers are where its at if you don't want to go cruiser. A Busa, the BMW bikes, or - have you looked at a Goldwing? They're gigantic, but you can ride the piss out of them like a sportbike in the twisties - I bet they outhandle most cruisers without breaking a sweat.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Blood In Blood Out

Originally Posted by gearheadjunkie2
^
If you don't get that tug at the heart then its not what you want. If your going to spend a lot of money on something make it worthwhile. Think about what bike you want so bad that you'll think up excuses to go to the garage for "something" just to look at it. "honey....Im taking out the garbage AGAIN...." lol
Right on the money, if at first you don't feel something for the bike, you never will.

Don't live in regret, ese.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:21 PM

Yeah I am putting some money down on a 2011 N1k tomorrow morning. I am in the process of waiting for a pretty nice check to come through so that I can remodel my kitchen after a kitchen fire that happened on jan 6th. I gave Barney's a hundred down on the bike but the bank has been screwing me around with the money so tomorrow I am going to go down and make them happy again and let them know that I am walking away with the bike... eventually soon. My old man and me are doing the remodel so it is saving a lot of money which is why I am able to purchase the bike almost new.

It is going to be the 2011 red on black with less than 600 miles, going to check out options to finance it for a month or less until this check comes through and clears right at the end of the month (just a few days before wedding and honey moon.) So I will see how it goes in the morning and see what my options to bring the bike home are.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:42 PM

Sorry, I don't know if this would be bad of me to ask, but are you planning on selling your ninja 250?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Resident Ginger Kid...

Originally Posted by Tribal_tC
Sorry, I don't know if this would be bad of me to ask, but are you planning on selling your ninja 250?
Do you know what a private message is?

2005 Joe Gibbs Silverado # 0396
1988 Monte Carlo SS 5.3/T56 and too many mods.
2003 Honda 954RR
Old 03-13-2012, 02:17 AM
hates change

kingofallblacks has a hayabusa...he rides that thing everywhere..that has got to be the most comfortable sports bike i have ever ridden! My vote is that even though i have not read through everything.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:19 PM

Yeah I am trying to get rid of it right now on the cheap. Deal fell through with barney's I don't know if you guys have ever dealt with insurance and the bank and all that jazz but getting money out of these pricks is like pulling teeth from a jack ass. I have been with out a kitchen since Jan sixth. So right now I am waiting to restore my kitchen and then use the left overs to buy a bike. Going to the fair grounds on the 24th or 25th to test ride Kawi's litre bikes that way I can decide if I want a super sport bike or a more naked bike or like signal said go with my original plan of a busa.

I would be willing to take trade in firearms for the bike aswell. I am currently looking for a .17hmr, single shot break barrel 12 gauge, pump action 12 or 20 (has to be light for a short woman), semi auto pistols, double action revolvers, or anything neat.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

i know i'm late but wtf is a N1K?

someone post a pic.

oh and blah @ kawis
Old 03-14-2012, 02:10 PM

It's a Ninja 1000

2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - Top Speed

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Ninja 1000?