Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

WOT fear

Old 03-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Ink
Changes names a lot.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT fear

I was talkin about bikes with a few buddys after going and seeing the 08 CBR 1k, and remembered when I got my first bike, I was honestly scared to go WOT in 1st or 2nd gear, as I thought i'd flip it/fall back. My bike wasn't as fast as a lot of the litre bikes, it was an SV650-S with a jet kit/exhaust/bored (from what the original owner told me). How did all of you get over it?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Thread TERRORIST

You get used to it and every day crack the throttle a little bit more.

And whenever you get used to the bike at WOT you need to put another bolt-on on so it goes faster.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:36 AM
they call me baby Jesus

Originally Posted by BAMF
You get used to it and every day crack the throttle a little bit more.

And whenever you get used to the bike at WOT you need to put another bolt-on on so it goes faster.
+1

i was sorta scared to do it in 1st because it always came up at times, and thats when i was trying to wheelie it so itd scare the shit out of me
Old 03-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Ink
Changes names a lot.

^^I'm gonna get a bigger bike, so I guess i'll have to take it slow I had no problem with it in like 3rd gear (it was a 5 speed) because all the torque wasn't there, but i'm probably gonna get an 07 model CBR1000, so it'll probably be 3rd-4th ill be more comfortable in

edit: ^yeah i tried doing a throttle wheelie and it scared me, tried poppin the clutch and it scared me more lol. only wheelie i did was from a dead stop when racing a kid in a ford focus
Old 03-31-2008, 10:38 AM
wants a blow job

Scary is lifting the front end of a harley off the ground with apes on it...

I think I shit myself that night..
Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 AM
they call me baby Jesus

i would of too.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by RichWarChild
Scary is lifting the front end of a harley off the ground with apes on it...

I think I shit myself that night..
I'll bet that jockey handle works well when half the bike is in the air...

The day the Magna lifts the front wheel is the day I shit. Luckily, it shouldn't lift the front wheel until I get a good sticky 180 on the back of it.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by BAMF; 03-31-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ink
^^I'm gonna get a bigger bike, so I guess i'll have to take it slow I had no problem with it in like 3rd gear (it was a 5 speed) because all the torque wasn't there, but i'm probably gonna get an 07 model CBR1000, so it'll probably be 3rd-4th ill be more comfortable in

edit: ^yeah i tried doing a throttle wheelie and it scared me, tried poppin the clutch and it scared me more lol. only wheelie i did was from a dead stop when racing a kid in a ford focus
yeah you sound like you're ready to throw a leg over a new CBR1000RR
BTW: 3rd gear and ripping the throttle open fast enough on that machine WILL make the front end point to the sky, no lie. WHy dont you try and learn to ride the piss out of what you have meow. A bigger bike isnt going to make you faster by ANY means. Wont you feel dumb being eaten up by 'squids' on GSXR600's while you mosey around on your 160hp liter bike that you can't handle?
Old 03-31-2008, 11:09 AM
wants a blow job

Originally Posted by BAMF
I'll bet that jockey handle works well when half the bike is in the air...

The day the Magna lifts the front wheel is the day I shit. Luckily, it shouldn't lift the front wheel until I get a good sticky 180 on the back of it.
This was pre-jockey luckily.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:11 AM
Ink
Changes names a lot.

Originally Posted by TNathe
yeah you sound like you're ready to throw a leg over a new CBR1000RR
BTW: 3rd gear and ripping the throttle open fast enough on that machine WILL make the front end point to the sky, no lie. WHy dont you try and learn to ride the piss out of what you have meow. A bigger bike isnt going to make you faster by ANY means. Wont you feel dumb being eaten up by 'squids' on GSXR600's while you mosey around on your 160hp liter bike that you can't handle?
I'm not buying it to track..and I sold my bike. A 1000 isn't faster in a straight away than a 600? Not that i'm gonna race it, but theres times when giving it gas is fun.