Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

and they wonder why.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:50 AM
they call me baby Jesus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie
I've seen worse. You probably got lumped in because of your buddies' tags. You didn't get a ticket, right? There is no, "System," that they can tag you in by the way. That's just some scare tactic shit.
ya thats what i was thinking there is no system... well there is but all of us are in the system... and he didnt give us any writen document... so i have no proof of it.

my other friends tag was bought and put on by triumph its the kind thats tucked in the wheel well also with a bright led light.. and than the other bike had the tag at the far end of the tail but he didnt have a light on it but with the bike on the rear brake light was bright enough, even if he did put a light on it the brake light would over come the regular light.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Banned

Well fuck, if you didn't get a ticket, what's the bitch fest about then? Cop was probably using loose probable cause to see if you guys were rolling with Doobie Howser on the end of the bridge.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:53 AM
they call me baby Jesus

and he did say he was going to give us all tickets and he started writing them but than when i said something about the statute he stopped talking put away his pad and just went to his computer.. this was not a thread about how i hate cops, this is just saying how they harass us when we are doing nothing but "resting" in the "rest stop" i mean isnt that what they are there for?
Old 07-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Banned

Yeah, but face it, you're a victim of profiling and there's nothing you can do about it. This would be like me making a thread about, "I can't believe people asked me about my earrings today." You ride a bike, you have the earrings, you deal with the social complications they cause. Don't like it? Don't ride a bike.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:56 AM
wants a blow job

If you're wondeirng about tag's... Print this out and show the cop next time.

Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 11:18 AM
To: Rich Bolduc
Subject: RE: Question on motorcycle tags

Mr. Bolduc:

We are providing you with the Florida State Statute regulating the display of motor vehicle tags. Thank you for your email.
1) Every vehicle, at all times while driven, stopped, or parked upon any highways, roads, or streets of this state, shall be licensed in the name of the owner thereof in accordance with the laws of this state unless such vehicle is not required by the laws of this state to be licensed in this state and shall, except as otherwise provided in s. 320.0706 for front-end registration license plates on truck tractors and s. 320.086(5) which exempts display of license plates on described former military vehicles, display the license plate or both of the license plates assigned to it by the state, one on the rear and, if two, the other on the front of the vehicle, each to be securely fastened to the vehicle outside the main body of the vehicle in such manner as to prevent the plates from swinging, and all letters, numerals, printing, writing, and other identification marks upon the plates regarding the word "Florida," the registration decal, and the alphanumeric designation shall be clear and distinct and free from defacement, mutilation, grease, and other obscuring matter, so that they will be plainly visible and legible at all times 100 feet from the rear or front. Nothing shall be placed upon the face of a Florida plate except as permitted by law or by rule or regulation of a governmental agency. No license plates other than those furnished by the state shall be used. However, if the vehicle is not required to be licensed in this state, the license plates on such vehicle issued by another state, by a territory, possession, or district of the United States, or by a foreign country, substantially complying with the provisions hereof, shall be considered as complying with this chapter. A violation of this subsection is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.
(2) Any commercial motor vehicle, as defined in s. 316.003(66), operating over the highways of this state with an expired registration, with no registration from this or any other jurisdiction, or with no registration under the applicable provisions of chapter 320 shall be in violation of s. 320.07(3) and shall subject the owner or operator of such vehicle to the penalty provided. In addition, a commercial motor vehicle found in violation of this section may be detained by any law enforcement officer until the owner or operator produces evidence that the vehicle has been properly registered and that any applicable delinquent penalties have been paid.

Sincerely,
Florida Highway Patrol
Office of Public Affairs
Telephone: (850) 617-2301
FAX: (850) 921-4476
Email: FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 4:28 PM
To: FHP
Subject: Question on motorcycle tags

Hello,

I was wondering if it was legal or illegal to have your tag mounted on the side of the bike in a sideways position, but still visible. If it is illegal, can you tell me where I can find this information? I’ve looked online and called the RMV and no one has been able to tell me, yet I’ve heard that it is illegal from some.

Thanks,
Rich Bolduc
Old 07-02-2007, 07:59 AM
they call me baby Jesus

i printed out the statute off of the flsenate webpage and highlighted the part thats visible from 100ft.. im going to put it in with my reg so if they do pull me over for it ill just whip that out... thxs for finding that though.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:03 AM
tsb bike ho

Originally Posted by f2b
and he did say he was going to give us all tickets and he started writing them but than when i said something about the statute he stopped talking put away his pad and just went to his computer...
that computer time was probably to check valid licenses, tags and endorsements.

let him write the ticket next time, then let him be shamed in court.

I've been resting at rest areas and been "stopped". However, their questions were usually just more about riding in general and nothing to do with legalities.

I'm not riding fast... just flying at a low altitude!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:34 AM
How fast officer?

... A violation of this subsection is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation ...
Sweet! My tag is tucked behind the wheel and can't be seen now, but I think I'll just take it off completely. I could give two shits about occasionally getting a $70 ticket.

Before I get all kinds of negative comments for this post.... I don't stunt or ride like an asshole through traffic, but there have been occasions where my speed many not have given cops a chance catch up while on n/s runs
Old 07-02-2007, 10:36 AM
they call me baby Jesus

lol ya im not planning on fixing mine.. no points i dont care.