Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

and they wonder why.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:35 PM
they call me baby Jesus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default and they wonder why.

so heres the story...
lastnight a couple of friends and i went for a ride over the skyway... we went to the other side from st.pete rest area and stopped for a smoke... so we were just sitting there minding our own business and lone and behold a FHP pulls up, but he went to the other side... so we were like whatever were not doing anything... so now he comes to our side.. and at this time one of my friends was walking to his bike and the cop stops and starts talking to him... than we see the cop get out of his car... thats when i was like is he serious... so as my other friend and i were walking to our bikes he backs up pulls behind all 3 of our bikes and turns his lights on... than he gets out and starts bitching about our plates and how their all illegal.. one is in the wheel space mines on the side and my friends is all bent from a wreck on the back.. and he starts yelling at us... so i started yelling back at him telling him that this is the most bullshit ticket ever and what not.. he says he goes to court all day for these tickets so being the smartass i am i said ya because u dont have anything better to do and you wonder why all bikes hate u... so than i was going to jail for being a smart ass... so after he said i was going to jail we started saying how harleys and what not come stock with the side mounts... and he said "ya thats for off road use only" ok guys i just bought my harley wanna go hit up some dirt hills??? so after me being a dick to him he said all 3 of us were in the system and next time were getting a ticket.. and he took off... bah whatever im not fixing it ill put up with a ticket...
Old 06-30-2007, 02:41 PM
danse

The irony created by the title of this thread and the content of the post is a thing of beauty. Please tell me I am not the only one that sees it. Glad you didn't get a ticket. However, no Harley that I am aware of comes with a side mount stock. That said, they should be legal, so long as they are clearly visible and properly lighted.

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here
Old 06-30-2007, 02:43 PM
they call me baby Jesus

i bet u if there were 3 curisers sitting there and not 3 sportbikes he would of just kept driving by... not sure if its a harley but im pretty such at the harley shop by me in st.pete has a couple with side mounts... harleys come stock with shit thats illegal on them, like the exhaust is above the db's allowed.. how come they get away with this shit.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Mofongo Expert!

So when is the next Skyway Bridge ride, sounds like a fun ride
Old 06-30-2007, 02:57 PM
they call me baby Jesus

whenever it was nice.. no lights on the skyway and it was only us on there it was perfect... gives me the chills everytime i go up on it, go really slow on the top and take a look over..the only problem is the FHP flood that area.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:33 PM
PORK CHOP SAMICHES!!!!!

Next time throw a donut on his hood.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:36 PM
jdk
Non ducor, duco

Sounds like he was just giving you shit and trying to scare you..
Old 06-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Banned

put your tag in the legal place and all other bs all legal and watch him try to come up with something clever...

Just tell him "oh, sorry you couldent come up with something slick to take me in... how about you go arrest a drug dealer..." when he starts talking to you agian ask him stright up "are you taking me into custody or detaining me for any reason or am i free to go?" cause last time i checked ... being an asshole wasent against the law...
Old 06-30-2007, 04:32 PM
wants a blow job

No bikes from Harley come with a side tag. Buell i'm not sure of. There is a chance you're thinking of the Thunder Mountain line of "Harley's" but Harley doesn't make them. They have HD drive lines in them, but aren't made by HD. Some HD dealers do sell them though. Jim's in St Pete doesn't sell them though.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:40 PM
chicken sirloin

mount your tag properly...it doesnt look any cooler how you have it and it certain is more fun to not be fucked with by the po-po....

harley sucks....