Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Anyone have any feedback on this alarm???

Old 02-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Just a Normal Jew...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 636 is a kawasaki, besides it says its only for road style bikes

Eric.Akrish@gmail.com

www.Camaro5.com
www.tampasportbikes.com
www.pureacceleration.com
R.I.P. Kevin "Slo_Si" Gonzalez
Old 02-04-2007, 07:55 AM
gadget man

Originally Posted by BiPolar
sorry to butt in seeing as how i dont own a bike, but am actively looking, but isnt it a bad idea to broadcast theft prevention measures on a public forum, especially one as useful as that?

Not everyone knows how to protect their bike. And lets face it not everyone is smart enough to figure out how to find the right stuff to protect their bike. So why not help them out. Not to mention that the professional thief already knows about this stuff, it's the casual joy rider that hasn't a clue. As in any alarm/elecrical disabling device, the effectiveness is dependant on how well you install it. So if you wire up the alarm but let it hang from your handlebars then the alarm is useless. but take this little relay and wire it to the existing wires (including the constant power) then wrap it up under the gas tank, under the battery, or any other place that would take dismantling of the bike to get to it and you have an extreemly effective device.

Just because this item is put out on the forum doesn't mean it's the only thing I have on my bike to keep it from being stolen......but as always if someone wants it bad enough they will get it, thats what insurance is for. these theft prevention devices aren't as much to keep the bike from being stolen, as they are to reduce the likely hood that you will have to deal with the hassle of having to buy a new bike when the insurance company gets you the check. My bike is for fun, not my only means of transportation, if it's stolen it would be a kick in the nuts because of all the custom work that has gone into it, but since I do all my own work I am only out my time....and really the insurance company figures in the man hours that it would take a shop to do the work, so I get paid for my time anyways.
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001

Old 02-04-2007, 08:16 AM
gadget man

Originally Posted by navyedoc
the 636 is a kawasaki, besides it says its only for road style bikes

My bad, as you can tell sport bikes aren't my realm. But it may say it's for road style bikes, it also says it's for harleys and victorys, but I have it on my honda. That's where custom wiring comes in. Look at the hard wire schematic, if you have a start button and a starter relay ( or a starter coil that is at 30amps or less) then you can use this. Even if you have some fancy system that uses an ecu to control the starter, if you have a start button then this can be used. It's simply a relay that is only enabled when a specific RF signal gets within range. It's nothing more than a fancy toggle switch.

I have spoken with the main man at digital dawg about how it works and he did let me in on some info that he normally wouldn't tell the average person, but only because when I spoke with him he could tell that I wasn't the average joe with only a basic knowledge of how to use a crimp connector. My knowledge of electronics comes from a B.S. in electronic engineering, so trust me when I say that this system says it's for motorcycles but I could install it in a car just as easily and with the same reliability.

From any OEM bike I have seen, the basic hand controls (electric) are the same. Start button, turnsignals (not self canceling on most bikes), engine kill, horn, and Hi/low rocker. I have taken all my factory switches off the handle bars, with the exception of the start button and horn, and those 2 were replaced with 2 small momentary push buttons. The rest of the OEM switches were moved to my speedo housing or just under the back of the tank (hi/low rocker). So now I only have 2 small push buttons on my handlebars. ALL of this was achieved through the use of relays, yes I could have done some fancy stuff with chips and circuitry but I wanted to make it simple.

If you have the electrical schematic of your bike you can put this to use.
U.S.S.A Crew Member #001