Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Paramedics on Harleys..???...??...

Old 01-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Ford F0rum Native

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRXSiR
well if you live in a rural area..then it will take longer..im just saying for busy places like Miami..that is why..we are dispatched to the call within 1minute of recieving the call..and since we are posted at different intersections..there isnt any down time from running and getting into the truck..fire usually gets there first cause they work in their district..and they are dispatched the same way..again if you live in a rural area..then it just take longer..dont let somethin get to the point where youre dying before you call..if somethin is going on..call..you wont get charged for someone just comng and taking a look..

I witnessed a accident a long time ago and if you had a good enough arm i bet you could hit the fire house from the accident scene....took them 15 minutes to come. I asked them and they told me its because the call gets routed through so many different departments before it gets to them. And sure enough a few year later i was on the receiving end of that.

Everyone of my experiences was within tampa city limits. Actually all in very busy areas to, but traffic was never a issue at the times they happend.

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
- Matt Frewer
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
George Carlin
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.
George Carlin
Old 01-19-2007, 12:52 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Originally Posted by RubberBerner
they just have to pick riders that have experience in driving through heavy traffic!
its hard to be a cop rider and im sure the standards would be the same, my dads friend was telling me that when his brother did the sheriffs motorcycle cop he had to get the bike up to 30 and intentionally lay it down and then pick it up get it back up to 30 and lay it down again, and then get it up to 30 one more time and lay it down again they only have a certain amount of time to do it, and just think, they ride these harleys that weigh 6-700+ pounds, now thats some hard shit
Old 01-19-2007, 02:01 PM
finally painted the car!

Originally Posted by MedicMan
I know we are going to get the bikes at Hillsborough Fire/ Rescue within the year. My Captain asked me if I wanted to do it?? I don't think it is safe at all. The siren+federal+air horn don't move people, I don't think a Harley is going to.
I heard the samething aswell. HD donated 2 bikes already. I think HCFR is shooting for 6-8 units when its done. Personnal must do the HCSO motorcycle training and be a stand-alone medic. They are talking about using them for higher traffic areas (Dale Mabry, SR60, I75, etc.)

I dont think its a bad idea in theory, but I wouldnt get on one. You know just as well as I do that not everyone has common sence. Think of this; HCSO doesnt even respond bikes emergency to any calls. They're only used for traffic control. Now, we are supposed to use them to run emergency?

They are going to be used for first responce from what Ive heard. responding with an engine and/or rescue. Same alpha, bravo, etc. response, only with a 3 unit.

MedicMan, what station/shift you on? Im putting in an F133 for E14 tomorrow. Station'd at 4A, but I havnt been there all year. Got 100 miles logged so far this year from jerrying!