Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Gainesville Road Race Club: Find us on Facebook!

Old 05-30-2011, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gainesville Road Race Club: Find us on Facebook!

Hello,

I'm Cory and I'm posting here on behalf of the Gainesville Road Race Club. I'm posting here to inform you about our club, our events, and our new Facebook page so you can receive updates and reminders about events and the club.

Our club is a small group of racing enthusiasts from North-Central Florida. Our club ranges from members who have no track experience to members who have done wheel-to-wheel racing. We currently rent out the Gainesville Raceway approximately once a month and open it up to the public. The events are probably the best cost vs track time around. Our events run approximately $100 per car (there is no charge for extra drivers) and track time is unlimited. You simply line up and wait for an opening on track. We allow five cars on track. The events are from 9am-5pm. Overall, I don't think you will find a more laid back, cost effective track day around. These are especially effective for testing and tuning, as well as driver training.

We have all the events listed on our Facebook page. We also have a good write up of what is required for a track day, as well as the normal layout for our track days.

Find us on Facebook: Gainesville Road Race Club

You can register for events here:

Gainesville Road Race Club

We look forward to seeing you at the track this season!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:34 PM
legend behind the cowl

where is there passing on the gainsville track,,, I've been there twice and both times there was no passing.. Very frustrating for someone not as slow as the newbee in the civic.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 06-02-2011, 03:54 PM

The passing zones require the slower car to drive straight through the cones at the 120 and skip the first skidpad. The second would be for the slow car to go straight through the hairpin and go down to the second hairpin.

A few of us coordinators also grew very frustrated with this issue. It is not much of an issue at all anymore. We stress it during the drivers' meeting and everyone seems to abide by it with no problems.