Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

So who made the Lemons cut list?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Race Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TAJRacing45
I called back down there again and I'm sure it will be another couple of weeks before he calls back. The $500 was for a single car from 9-5....it was like pulling teeth to get info from them. Not sure what more than one car is.
We can use some of the figure 8 configuration with the oval to create a little ro-val.

thats desoto?

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 05-29-2008, 12:35 AM

yes
Old 05-29-2008, 02:49 AM

....also it was a pleasure meeting you last night Chi Town Brat. There was a bunch of really nice people @ the meeting last night and I can't wait to become more involved.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:10 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Originally Posted by TAJRacing45
....also it was a pleasure meeting you last night Chi Town Brat. There was a bunch of really nice people @ the meeting last night and I can't wait to become more involved.
Nice to meet you as well and good job not exposing any of your car secrets

They are a good group of guys who really do race on a budget. Listening to them really has increased my love of racing.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 06-28-2008, 05:32 PM

How is everyone doing with their cars? We're doing alright. We had our media day last week and we got some ink in todays newspaper. Click the link TAJracing endurance racing - The Tampa Tribune and the story is hyperlinked at the bottom in a pdf form. It scanned in on the side but with Adobe you can rotate it so you can read it.
We were able to borrow a soundmeter from someone and we are a little too loud so we had to get a bigger cherry bomb which we'll wrap up tomorrow. Aside from some brake bleeding and some more routine maintenance (tune up stuff, oil, plugs, belts, wires etc...) we're in good shape.
We are hoping to test in Desoto still but with our professional lives being crazy right now, it would be hard to take a day off to play!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:42 PM

Great article. So how did you get this set up? Very cool.

Were getting ready to run the car at Sebring on the 6th. We figure getting it out on a track will give us a heads up if there are any issues.

I have one more weekend to get it ready for Sebring. We need to get a passenger seat back in it for the instructors..
Old 06-29-2008, 01:29 AM

Well, I'd like to say it was my press release we put together a few weeks ago which I sent out to SPEED TV, NSSN, Autoweek, Car and Driver, Road and Track, and local media that made them come to us but that isn't the case. Jason on our team has a sister that works somewhere with the Tribune and she was able to line this up.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:25 AM
legend behind the cowl

ok Guys, I did sign up as a distributor with race quip and cool shirt etc. I'm going to be placing my initial order soon. so It gets here by Lemons. if anyone gets on board I'll just add you to the innital order which we are getting a huge discount on.

you guys can go here
Your Racing Safety Company

and if you want anything listed give me the part number before friday and I'll add it to the order. I can bring it to The race with me.

Jeff
Old 06-30-2008, 03:40 PM

Will Trackside Tim have a trailer at the race? as much stuff we have bought for this thing, there is still a possibility we'll be needing something at some point of the weekend...
Same with the NAPA up there too...We'll bring up every spare part we can off of our parts car but I'm sure the part we'll need half way through the race we won't have...
Old 06-30-2008, 05:21 PM
legend behind the cowl

He mentioned coming. I don't know if they are fielding a team or they are just selling. either way it'll be good to have them there for those last min needs