Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

FAST Novice Autocross School - Jan. '08

Old 01-05-2008, 05:16 PM
The Innovator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...and it's been filled.

We'll continue to post any other cancelled spots that may open.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
that one guy

blast, I want in for the school bad but I can't check this thread every 5 mins. You should call next time you hear of an opening so I can get in on it. I'll give you a dollar for your troubles. 813-786-6434
Old 01-05-2008, 08:01 PM

Send a note to the FAST mailbox at wedrivefaster@yahoo.com so we have your e-mail address. We sent a note to everyone who'd inquired letting them know this slot was opening up. Unfortunately, that was six people going after one opening...there could be only one....

Of course, in a week, this will be OBE, and we'll be looking forward to the 17 February autocross up in Brooksville.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:21 PM
that one guy

well I can check my e-mail about as often as I could check the MAE for updates so that wouldn't do me much good. I need help when I'm not around the PC =[
Old 01-12-2008, 04:40 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Well, crap. The car popped a heater hose. I tried replacing it with some straight hose but space was too tight; it needs a pre-molded hose. I've been at it since 6:30 and I just had to give it up because there's no way I'd make it anyway.

Is it possible to get credit toward future events or did I have to cancel in advance? I'm not going to be able to make the auto-x tomorrow either because I have to order in the hose from Nissan. If I can get credit that'd be great; if not, racing is racing I guess.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:19 AM
that one guy

I showed up early this morning and was told there were no walk ons allowed for the course =/ at least I was told I'd have a spot waiting for me if I showed up early tomorrow. Sorry about your luck man.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:15 PM

Put the straight hose on, man! All you need to do is stop a leak. A kink in the heater hose just stops flow through your heater core and gives you no heat in the car... you can still DRIVE it that way.

If you want to cancel and/or request credit, I'd recommend emailing to the address listed on MAE. Posting here is not an "official" cancellation. (and could very likely go unread by the right folks)
Old 01-17-2008, 07:35 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

If it was just a lack of heat I would have done it but the hose was completely crimped and I felt it was going to trap air and not allow me to fully bleed the system. Just not worth the risk driving an hour and then racing with a questionable cooling system; this is my only car.

I'll send an email but I'm probably just going to write the money off. That's a spot that they couldn't fill and if they refund me that's just money lost on the whole thing. Still, I guess it can't hurt to try.