Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

FAST Novice Autocross School - Jan. '08

Old 11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
The Innovator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST Novice Autocross School - Jan. '08

On Jan. 12, 2008, FAST is holding a Novice Autocrosser's school on the driver training pad at the St Petersburg College Allstate Campus! The $60 entry fee includes the world-famous FAST Lunch and more than twice the seat time of a regular autocross!

To provide quality instruction, the class size is limited to 32 students, and preregistration and prepayment will be mandatory. The event will run from 7:30am - 5pm, approximately. The school will consist of three different driving stations, plus a "classroom" session. The student:instructor ratio will be 4:1, or better.

Please note that drivers under age 18 will require a parent or guardian to sign the insurance waiver on-site allowing them to compete. For insurance purposes, everyone must sign the waiver.

Then, on Sunday, Jan 13th, FAST is having it's first autocross of the 2008 season. Students who participated in the school will be eligible for a deeply discounted entry fee of only $10! That's an entire weekend of autocrossing and free lunches for only $70!

Registration for the events will be opening soon - stay tuned here or keep an eye on www.myautoevents.com Again, preregistration and prepayment for the school, and for Sunday's autocross (if you want the student discount) is required.

Any questions can be posted here, or email/pm me, or wedrivefaster@yahoo.com
Old 11-18-2007, 04:42 PM

Add to your driver requirements: All drivers must be fully licensed. (so, under 18 must have a guardian's consent... but under 16 or without a full driver's license, forget it)

Oh, and put me down to instruct.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:51 PM
The Innovator

Thanks, man - you're on Dave's list to contact about instructing...I'll let him know not to bother!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:55 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Excellent event! If it's anything like it was last year it's worth the entry fee and more. I'm trying to talk some people into going and I'm probably going to sign up for it, myself.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:35 AM
The Fat Cobra

I have also volunteered to instruct.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:00 PM
The Innovator

Muddy - appreciate the help! and so will the students!

Jordan - if all goes as planned, it will be a LOT like last March's school. The biggest difference will be that rather than the school and autocross the same day, the school will be one day and the autocrosss the next. Appreciate the kind words, and support! Registration will be up soon.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Miss Mister 2

Can't wait! I just moved here from St. Louis and was looking around for any novice schools, here it is right under my nose. I am excited to participate.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Native
Registration will be up soon.
Look for it this weekend....
Old 11-20-2007, 06:01 PM
aspiring luder

i need to learn how to drive this S2000, i'll try and make it out there, need to re-align the car, maybe i can get Barry to help me do a UK alignment on the car
Old 11-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Lucky

Is it possible to request Loren be my instructor should I sign up?
It's like this: The toadstool juice fires through the unicorn injector into the fairy dust chamber, where the tiny wizard does his secret work...Then a gang of keebler elves get hopped up on the crystalline byproduct of the wizard's tinkering, (they smoke it) and then the elves push the spinning triangle through a series of dimensional portals to a final realm codenamed the "exhaust port..." At least that's my undersanding of rotary sorcery...