Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Sho-ho-ho-Down Rallycross 12/22

Old 11-09-2007, 12:54 PM
legend behind the cowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sho-ho-ho-Down Rallycross 12/22

Tampa Rally and Performance with our friends at east bay speedway have acquired the ENTIRE FACILITY for this event... We will have our Rally cross which will be longer and faster then prior events. depending on turnout someone coming out can expect 8 Full runs on a minimum of .8 mile course with 2 laps per run we can expect 1.6 miles per run..

in addition with schedule permitting we will be offering fun runs and open track laps after the event. open track laps will be run in TIME ATTACK fashion.

East bay will be holding Flat track motorcycles the week prior so the track is being re-graded to a glass like smoothness. this is a once a year opportunity. normally to have them grade the track like this costs us another $1000

Sho-ho-ho-down Rallycross

Sho-ho-ho-down Rallycross
$30 for Members of Tampa Rally or FAST $35 for non-members, spectators are only $3 and will be eligible for track tours during lunch.

non-driving workers are allways free and will recieve lunch on the club.

With the Flat track grading track tours and track time will allow some tail out shenanigans...

Register quick because at 40 competition entries we are closing registration. this event will fill up! so register early.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:36 AM
legend behind the cowl

Flyer

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...sevent_id=8205
Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 PM

i was at the last one. and i will be at this one. lots of fun.

do we have to pre-register or can we register at the event like last time?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:55 AM
legend behind the cowl

If the event does not fill up I welcome on site registration, however with that being said. it's best to pre-reg I am capping at 40 to make sure everyone gets enough seat time. (pre registration gets secured spot) I will only accept a minimum of 8 runs and fun runs. with much more then 40 cars the workers start to get punchy. these events are about fun and more seat time is the best way to offer that. The weather should be awesome, not too hot, and we are the only show in town that day. So I expect a HUGE turnout.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:19 PM

what is prepared?
is that like, halfway between stock and modded, like lightly modded?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:35 PM
legend behind the cowl

Correct it allows Competition tires, headers, intakes, piggyback ECU etc. anything above that: Lexan windows, seam welding, is modified, if it's a logged booked rallycar we usually put it right into modified there modded street cars are many times prepared.

It dosent really matter as you'll see driver is MUCH more important then car prep. it's the opposite of autocross where you want to drive right at 10/10ths rallycross you want to drive fast but controlled because an overcooked turn or spin effects your overall time. it's much more challenging.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:53 PM
legend behind the cowl

Default best rallycross picture EVAH

Bring it!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:55 AM
fuck bitches get monies

I Wish I Would Have My Car Before Then. Maby If I Sell My Bike Ill Get Lucky And Be Able To Make It.HOW MANY EVENTS R HELD HE A YEAR?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:03 PM
legend behind the cowl

starting with the rally today we are going to have an annual series. we are going to first ahve a mini winter rallycross sreies (4 events) and every other month a diffrent road rally. thwst series will most likley be another 4 events.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:06 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

How hard is this on the car? I've seen a few rallycross vids that looked like they really beat up the car, but you say that this track is graded flat so I'd think it wouldn't be as bad. I'd hate to throw something out of whack right before the Auto-X school.

Any advice for a total newbie? Any good links to read up on it before I take the plunge and sign up? Also, what is involved in becoming a member of FAST?