Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Sebring Saturday SAFEMotorsports.com

Old 09-16-2007, 07:22 AM
Sexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sebring Saturday SAFEMotorsports.com

Anybody in? I'm trying out some fresh Goodyears. They're balloons but the price was right.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:48 AM

I was going to, but my co-driver bailed on me due to financial difficulty. Bummer, I was looking forward to it!
Old 09-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Turn 7 at Sebring

I sent my paperwork and cash to Phil last week.
The car will be down on power but it will still be fun.
I haven't run with SAFE since 2001.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Lucky

I'm in, as well as my best friend with his c5 z06. I spent all day saturday cursing my new coilovers because they were 1.5mm to thick where they bolt into the control arm. I hate filing! Hopefully I can break the 3 minute mark with the new wheels that are going on. Can anyone say 18x10?

~James
#711 Rx-7
It's like this: The toadstool juice fires through the unicorn injector into the fairy dust chamber, where the tiny wizard does his secret work...Then a gang of keebler elves get hopped up on the crystalline byproduct of the wizard's tinkering, (they smoke it) and then the elves push the spinning triangle through a series of dimensional portals to a final realm codenamed the "exhaust port..." At least that's my undersanding of rotary sorcery...
Old 09-17-2007, 07:16 AM

What are you driving that you can't break 3:00 in? Doesn't seem like a very lofty goal for a car that requires a 10" wide wheel. (please don't take that the wrong way, it's just that last time I was out I was trying to break 2:55 in a stock Miata on street tires)
Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 AM
legend behind the cowl

2:45 on saturday in clockwork, that's my personal best, with Hard leftover OLOA tires and 100lbs of mud from pre-running rally roads. saturday was one of those motorsports bliss days. Car running well, suspension just feels right, more instructors then students so lots of free track time.

I had a Porkchop spin in front of me, in one. another instructor. I never had someone be so thankful to me for not punting them off the track.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Lucky

Originally Posted by Loren
What are you driving that you can't break 3:00 in? Doesn't seem like a very lofty goal for a car that requires a 10" wide wheel. (please don't take that the wrong way, it's just that last time I was out I was trying to break 2:55 in a stock Miata on street tires)
I actually expect to be in the 2:40's. But we shall see.
It's like this: The toadstool juice fires through the unicorn injector into the fairy dust chamber, where the tiny wizard does his secret work...Then a gang of keebler elves get hopped up on the crystalline byproduct of the wizard's tinkering, (they smoke it) and then the elves push the spinning triangle through a series of dimensional portals to a final realm codenamed the "exhaust port..." At least that's my undersanding of rotary sorcery...
Old 09-17-2007, 12:00 PM

2:40's sounds more like it.

Jeff, congrats on the 2:45! I believe that is my best in your car, as well... makes you wonder how much is left in it that we're not finding, doesn't it?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Turn 7 at Sebring

Originally Posted by RX007CYM
I actually expect to be in the 2:40's. But we shall see.
What type of alignment specs are you running... camber, caster and toe? Also, are you running slicks or R compound tires?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Lucky

Originally Posted by RoadRacer
What type of alignment specs are you running... camber, caster and toe? Also, are you running slicks or R compound tires?
I have the specs at work, I will post them tomorrow. I am running R compond.