Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Sebring Saturday SAFEMotorsports.com

Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, and it's critical that you take the temps IMMEDIATELY after you come off course. I'm of the opinion that Sebring isn't great for this because you run all the major turns, then you go down a half-mile long straight where the tire temps will tend to equalize, then you go around a hard right-hander before you pit in. So, your temps will be greatly biased to that final turn when you come in.

You'll get more usable tire temps if you can find a place to run skidpad circles. A few hard laps in each direction will net you some useful information.

Generally, discrepancies in the center tread temp can be corrected with tire pressure. (too hot in the center = too much pressure) Excessive heat on the inside or outside of the tread usually point to a camber problem. (too hot on the outside = not enough negative camber)
Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

That car doesn't need a lot of static camber because it's got a badass double wishbone suspension with a jammin' camber curve. It makes its own camber as it leans into a turn.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Don't Hate

Anybody got a link to see the info for the event. I'd love to go and watch.. I am fixing to start building a car to autocross..
Old 09-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Lucky

Originally Posted by znismo
Anybody got a link to see the info for the event. I'd love to go and watch.. I am fixing to start building a car to autocross..
SAFE Motorsports - More track for less money! Sebring - Homestead - Moroso
It's like this: The toadstool juice fires through the unicorn injector into the fairy dust chamber, where the tiny wizard does his secret work...Then a gang of keebler elves get hopped up on the crystalline byproduct of the wizard's tinkering, (they smoke it) and then the elves push the spinning triangle through a series of dimensional portals to a final realm codenamed the "exhaust port..." At least that's my undersanding of rotary sorcery...