Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Porsche Event Results

Old 06-25-2006, 06:07 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the moral of the story is if you make a mistake you'll get cussed out? Really friendly policy if so.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:37 PM
WOMBAT Racing

Yeah but like I said we watched the video and when you look at bryan there is no indication for you to go. Thats what pissed the head guys off. Bryan was on the radio and held his hand up signaling stop and not waving the flag to start. If it was a big miscommunication then a simple "I'm sorry I misunderstood the starters signals" would have sufficed but apperently that was not the case. I do not have to speculate.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:10 AM
aspiring luder

yeah, i've seen the 555 guy before, and from what i have seen he doesn't do stupid shit, and when your in the car with the adrenaline and whatnot, if someone says anything, you tend to interperet it as go, but i'm not going to take sides as i wasn't there and don't know the story

but either way...my times sucked, but like i said in the other thread, i'm not a straight course guy, i can't get the speed up, i don't know, and i finally figured out afterward where i got my DNFs, i think they could have had a few more pointer cones, but i'm happy with it...o, aside from my car not working now...yeh, that kinda sucks
Old 06-26-2006, 04:20 AM
Blasian Sensation

Originally Posted by Muddy
Vids of my fastest competition run and one of my fun runs.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...f96a0e1cb1.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...1bf2e7fbff.htm

Too bad I am not fast enough to take FTD with a cone!
By watching your vids, I realised that I should of entered the first slalom on the left side instead of the right. It seemed like a smoother exit and I would of probably shaved of another 1-2 seconds of my time. More pointer cones would of definitely helped on that far right slalom by station #4, but it was a fun course. I think I did very good considering this was my first autoX and I never hit a cone and hittin' a 48.035.

Last edited by 02NismoSE-R; 06-26-2006 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:43 AM
aspiring luder

Originally Posted by 02NismoSE-R
I think I did very good considering this was my first autoX and I never hit a cone and hittin' a 48.035.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:10 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

well for me slaloming that extra cone instead of taking it as a gate which caused a dnf of course, my times weren't all that bad

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production

Last edited by chi town brat; 06-26-2006 at 05:15 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:10 AM
The Fat Cobra

Originally Posted by 02NismoSE-R
By watching your vids, I realised that I should of entered the first slalom on the left side instead of the right. It seemed like a smoother exit and I would of probably shaved of another 1-2 seconds of my time. More pointer cones would of definitely helped on that far right slalom by station #4, but it was a fun course. I think I did very good considering this was my first autoX and I never hit a cone and hittin' a 48.035.
I tried to enter on the right on my first run, even though I walked it on the left and felt the left was faster. I saw the white 2.5 RS spin trying to enter on the right, and I promptly did the same thing! After I tried it myself, I decided that there wasn't enough grip and you had to give up too much in order to enter on the right, as compared to having the easy entry to the next gate after the slalom.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:51 AM

Hi Rosko, Thanks for all the photos.

Did you know you came in 3rd? On street tires? Wow!
Excellent job.

I shaved almost another second on my first Fun run.
I was pretty happy with that.

For the 3rd PCA event in a row, a Porsche has left the pavement.
Now I'm going to be disapointed if I don't get to see that everytime.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Wombat S14

i was starting... I held my hand up fully open and said '" Hold on we have a worker on the coarse" The whole time the car is being reved -up. Mid sentence he took off. I told Dave that he went on his own. the way i see it the flag didnt wave so there should have been no mis-understanding there. There should really is no excuse for that, i know Ken has been to PCA events before and knows they use a green flag at the line to start cars. That is why i clearly had the flag down by my side and Held my hand up to wide open telling him to chill out for a minute while the coarse worker does his job. i do agree that the situation could have been handled a little bit better by both parties. From what i understand though that wasnt the only ' min-understanding' that happened. I was also told that Ken was getting an attitude during that and in a an instance during group 1.

on another note it was fun day. Great coarse, i felt good that i was kinda up there wiht everyone else wiht my 46.9xx . Didnt get any fun runs in my cra though. took 3 in Josh's ( whiteghost25) subi, it was very different. I was pleasantly suprised with the amount of grip i had on the shitty part of the runway. IM not sure if anyone noticed a little more grip than usual, but i did.

Last edited by ZenkiS14_Drifter; 06-26-2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:16 AM
aspiring luder

HEY THATS YOU!!!

sorry, face to a name just clicked