Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Brooksville June 11th

Old 05-26-2006, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi BAM, You do an excellent job setting up the courses, keep it up.
We all understand that there are a lot of limitations.
(Pot holes, dumpsters, timing equipment, and insurance).

ZENKIS14 DRIFTER - Stop worring about the Civics. When you are at Brooksville, the Honda that does the Ass Kicking is an S-2000.
(But there this is one civic that I'm afraid of.)

I know people like to go fast, but high speeds can be dangerous.
Didn't I see a Black EVO fly off the course recently. Way off the course.
He told me (as he was shoveling off the dirt) that he was coming up on 100 mph when he lost it.
If I want a long straight shot, I can go to a drag strip.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:36 AM

can any one come watch this i live in springhill and this is the first i have heard about this
Old 05-26-2006, 06:54 AM
The Fat Cobra

I really like the fast sections of the March and April events. What I don't like is lots of hard braking. My brakes overheated at the March event. I think it would be great to make the courses FAST on the way out, then medium to slow (and easier on the brakes) on the way back.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:56 AM
Wombat S14

Originally Posted by Spin Out

ZENKIS14 DRIFTER - Stop worring about the Civics. When you are at Brooksville, the Honda that does the Ass Kicking is an S-2000.
(But there this is one civic that I'm afraid of.)

I know its not a big deal at PCA/BMW event cuz all others are in the same class. Its really SCCA where i need to beat them. The National Level STS Civics will run faster times than the slower SM Cars and most DSP cars. So that gives me a nice goal to work at
Old 05-26-2006, 09:20 AM
///M Roady

I liked the last course even though it was VERY anti-high torque. I couldn't do ANYTHING but idle through the first set of offset slaloms w/o going sideways.

It was designed to be short but ended up super long because of the technicalities of it, which is good. Would have been perfect if you could have shaved about 10 seconds off it, so we'd be running just under a minute on avg.

The April event was *SUPER* fast.. much more suited to high torque vehicles.. I was hitting a little over 110 on the longest straight if I held out braking until the VERY last second...

A little bit of a mix would be better.. maybe lengthen out the curved slalom and let us get a little bit more speed through there? Dunno.. certainly FAR from an expert.. but that was the one spot where I found myself having to slam on the brakes rather than actually going smoothly through.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:10 AM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

Curved solomns YAY!

can any one come watch this i live in springhill and this is the first i have heard about this
Spectators also need to sign up online at www.myautoevents.com

**please note in the comment box for Rafael that you are only there to spectate so that registration has a correct count on the number of cars/drivers.

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 05-26-2006, 12:07 PM
who stole my intercooler?

yo zenki, at the end of the day the civic driver is still driving a civic if that's any consolation
Old 05-26-2006, 01:45 PM

Well I will admit that since I run a lower HP car and there are quite a few 4 cyl cars we do try to keep it below 80.. And the top speed limit has some leeway , due to the rules at the site.

Thanks for the complements on the past courses. I am always open for suggestions and feedback. This is one of the reasons I am posting on this site.

Usually a faster course does have some hard breaking areas due to need to turn around at the end of the runway.

I am going to do another curved slalom, this time it will be at the cross over area and run all the way across the course, from right side to left. ( looking from the starting gate ) Then the turn around with an exit gate and the driver gets to pick their line to get back to the left side of the track. So it will be a figure 8 type lay out

We usually do the off set slalom at the beginning to keep it slow and allow the driver to heat up the tires. That much turning is one of the best way to get the tires up to Temp.

The issues I have is I never know how many people are really going to show up. Once we get a pre paid registration going then I can better plan the track size. Since I will know how many people will be there Hence how many stations I can have out on the course. We just have to make sure there are enough people to work the course. Plus there have been problems with some drivers leaving after their 2nd run and then I am short workers for the last group.

Ill have to find some sort of Cad program so I can start posting the course before the day of the event.

B
Old 05-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Wheres the damn detonator

I have "some sort of Cad program" on my laptop
Old 05-26-2006, 03:31 PM
now with more protein

Id be scared to get into 3rd...

maybe Im just a wuss