Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

Brooksville June 11th

Old 05-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Wombat S14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyees13

Craters? what do you mean? Like potholes?

yes...there are some forming. Most arent actaully as bad as they look though,.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:37 AM

Default course length feedback

Hey every one.

Ok here is your chance to give me some input. For the last 2 events we have shortened the course to about .7 of a mile. In the past we were 1 to 1.2 miles. However at a mile or more we only can get in 6 runs. At .7 we can get in 8 runs. I have been told that the more runs is better, since its more time to fix/ adjust ones driving skills.

Thoughts??

Also I try to keep the course at 55 sec to a minute for the fastest runs. So yes there are cars getting into 3rd gear. This event will probably have some intense boxes to test braking , most likely 2 boxes on the course. I also want to do the curved slalom again since it was different and is as close as you can get to passing a car on the track with Cones.

Since I know there will be a cobra and some v 8 cars out this time I will open up the course a bit.

B
Old 05-25-2006, 11:55 AM

More runs = better.

Long straits = boring.

Technical challenge = Fun

I have a degree in Applied Mathematics.
(Who'd a thunk it.)
Old 05-25-2006, 12:11 PM

I prefer the longer courses, but I would be happy either way. The thing I don't like are the tight finish sections that normally occur on PCA/BMW events. I think there are better ways to create a safe finish. I cringe everytime I hear someone try to stuff it into first gear to get through the finish section.

Jeremy

Old 05-25-2006, 12:20 PM
now with more protein

Originally Posted by w0rd
I cringe everytime I hear someone try to stuff it into first gear to get through the finish section.

Im not gonna lie, it crossed my mind last weekend.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Wombat S14

ive done it before...didnt work out to well for me. I no longer have that tranny. I like coarses wiht some technical challenge to them that has a few fast spots but doesnt allow those damn 88-91 civic si's to whip my ass.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Comprehensive

55sec for fast runs is a good sized course. I'm all for any layout that gets me 7-8 runs at 45sec+ each.

Carrying speed properly into the start of a long straight and threshold braking at the end of it are just as technically challenging as diddling your wheel back and forth.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:33 PM

We run the box over by the dumpster on the way back. Not at the end, the Insurance companies have some pretty strict rules on speed exiting the course. Plus there is the fact that we cant have cars coming back fast towards the timing tent ( people).

Im planning on a figure 8 type turn around. So the end should be quick. Or the first 40% of the way back will be quick.

I really cant plan out a detail course, because I have to put cones in places where the cement is not falling apart. So its a bit Ad hoc.

B
Old 05-25-2006, 01:41 PM

the last auto-x you had up there was great, I loved the layout and the curved slolams, keep it up...I think it was a fast course.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:45 PM
who stole my intercooler?

Originally Posted by jabtay
I think I am going to show up...is it a short track, or is there some place to build up some speed?
if you got skills there's always the chance to get some speed. but yeah, those finishes after going 80mph to a super tight section is brutal, maybe keep the back section not as fast as the front or slow 'em down farther from the finish. i don't know, but i do know i plan on being at this event