War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

MR2 a Honda and a GT Stang

Old 06-02-2002, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MR2 a Honda and a GT Stang

On the way back from SH tonight I happened upon a secondary gathering near *****.

MR2 was nice enough to introduce himself once I arrived and asked if I would like to compare accelerations. Even though my car is still in ill health, with 295 HP at the rear wheels I said yes since I thought it would fun to try.

To make a long story short, from both a dead stop and rolling start, MR2 trounced me both times with his mitsu.

He then suggested that I move down the scale to one of the "all motor" hondas that was there (whose owner's name I can't remember), and since I had already smoked the clutch trying to start from a dead stop against MR2 we did a rolling start that ended up very close. Even though the spectators thought that I beat him, I never quite made up the car length that he got on me at the very start of the run. Its the first time I have ever had any honda stay ahead of me so I was very impressed

Then I met another person whose name I also can't remember with a yellow Mustang GT who was also interested in a run with a rolling start. While he also got a few car lengths on me at the very start I managed to make up about half that distance during the run. In the end he was still ahead of me so that one also went to the GT.

It was a very humbling night, but also very fun. Its also a reminder for me why I need to get some work done and add some mods to the Porsche.

Immediately after the FSF autocross on the 16th I have an appointment to leave my car at Dave White's shop for about a month while they rebuild the motor, change the ring and pinion to a lower gear and fix the FI issues.

My congradulations to everyone that kicked my ass tonight, but at the same time I'll say "just wait till next time".

Old 06-02-2002, 12:42 AM

Hey man, it was nice meeting you in person. Thanks for stopping by to say hi while you were there.

Depending on the time and place, there is always a lot of shit talking going on so don't take it too serioulsy. Sometimes its just in fun, and other times its just the results of some peoples lack of social development.

Just rise above it when it does occur and I would recommend coming out to Street Heat. It is a very friendly place. Drop me a PM before next Saturday and perhaps we can go there together. It usually only feels awkward when you don't know anyone who is there.
Old 06-02-2002, 07:11 AM
dsm
rice sleeper

Originally posted by "400HP930"

Hey man, it was nice meeting you in person. Thanks for stopping by to say hi while you were there.

Depending on the time and place, there is always a lot of shit talking going on so don't take it too serioulsy. Sometimes its just in fun, and other times its just the results of some peoples lack of social development.

Just rise above it when it does occur and I would recommend coming out to Street Heat. It is a very friendly place. Drop me a PM before next Saturday and perhaps we can go there together. It usually only feels awkward when you don't know anyone who is there.
i'd like to race ya.
Jalvarez Studio
Old 06-02-2002, 08:15 AM

Originally posted by "dsm"

i'd like to race ya.
Before or after the mods?
Old 06-02-2002, 04:03 PM

Default TR Members

BTW - Does anyone know if the honda and GT that I ran are TR members and if they are what their handles are?
Old 06-02-2002, 04:21 PM
dsm
rice sleeper

Originally posted by "400HP930"

Originally Posted by dsm
i'd like to race ya.
Before or after the mods?
before, after, its all for fun
Jalvarez Studio
Old 06-02-2002, 06:01 PM
lifelong learner