VW/Audi/Porsche Tech This is where all the hot bitches hang out.

car problems

Old 12-09-2001, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im been having some weird problems with me 1997 vw gti 2.0 lately. its been doing a rough idle at almost every time i stop with or without the a/c on. sometimes its dipped as low as 500 rpm but it usually hovers around 800. today i was just sitting at a stop light and the revs dipped to around 200 rpm and then it stalled out. started it back up and it was fine. now....i know this is covered under vw certified or at least it should be but does anybody have an idea of what could be causing this? spark plugs wires fuel filter etc? i wanted to replace the plugs but they look like a bitch to get to. dave you seem to be the expert on 2.0 engines any ideas?

thanks in advance guys
Old 12-09-2001, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by lowrdjetta95
It could be your Spark plugs and they are not hard to get to at all . May want to check you engine for any vacuum leaks or you may have unmetered air going into your system . Just poke around your engine and see . If you need more help doing anything call me or PM me
how would i go about removing the spark plugs...i was reading around i some people said that they needed a tool to get at the plug wires to remove them. also how could i check for vacuum leaks?
Old 12-09-2001, 01:50 PM
Captain Catastrophe

turn the car on pop the hood and see if you can hear air excaping and find out where its coming from...
Old 12-09-2001, 01:58 PM
Captain Catastrophe

Quick Reply: car problems