The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

Autocross

Old 06-18-2002, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by "lstepnio"

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/movies/april14th-sccasolotrials-wrx(low).wmv

more here, but go easy on my bandwidth and right click file save as:
http://www.majjix.com/photo/misc_dvideo/autox/
Cool thanks!!!

The next time you can't find a designated driver, just park in a tow a way zone!!
Old 06-18-2002, 07:14 PM
drives euro trash

You could always duct tape the camera to the side of your helmet.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:20 PM
AuH20 in '64

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Alan, duct tape to the t-bar!! That's priceless. You are right, I didn't even think about the seat backs. They don't lock back, thus they move like mofros. It would actually be hella pimp if I could mount it somewhere in the T-bar! Damn, why didn't I think of that LOL

Originally Posted by XYNaPSE
Article I Section 8 gives Congress the power to do whatever Congress deems necessary.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:00 PM
PSSHHH x2

possibly mount it outside on the roof? it would be up high and u could see the track better and it should give a clear view of whats around with out obstrctions like inside the car....just a thought...id like to come out to one sometime tho..maybe participate...just dunno how dumb i would look...but hey i see it this way...only person finishing last is me
Brocks megaphone
Spencercycle 10" swingarm
MPS auto shifter
Hays convertible clutch

Yea, that about sums it up...

Old 06-23-2002, 09:32 AM

Both Fastforward and I have built camera mounts for our cars. They mount to the headrest brackets. His isn't shaky at all, but mine does a little. The image stabilization feature helps a lot though. The best mounting position is inside the car where you can see what the driver is doing. That's the whole point. To critique your driving skills. We video tape almost every autocross run we do. There's even one where I lose control of the car and spin out. That was cool! I would like to post them on the internet, but I don't know how.
Old 06-23-2002, 06:23 PM
Haul'n the Family

Yep...we made our mounts out of peices of wood and a PVC fitting, a head from a old tripod. The Hi8 sony camcorder w/ image stabilizatioin works perfectly. I picked up a wide angle lens for the camcorder too, that way I could see the whole dash and shifter. Works great and looks pretty sharp too!!!

Problem.....I have several videos from several autocross events locally over the past couple of years. I have in car cam footage and other out of car footage of both mine and other local autocross cars. I even have some shnazzy pro-lookin' edited stuff with music and graphics that I slapped together.

How do I get them on the net??? I have the ability to tansfer the footage to Quick Time format...thats no problem, but where can I host it. I have something from the last Z-Hills event on video, its a 256 MB file. Where can I put it on the net for free? I'm looking for a long-tem solution here, 'cause I'd like to post more vids in the future. Thanks!