The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

Great RX7 vid 685whp

Old 06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great RX7 vid 685whp

This was posted on another forum by RYANT,
This is a video from crispeed fro Miami fl who has been my tuner and builder on all the rotarys i have own and race with over 600whp thanks to his tuning i never been beaten driving on a rotary yet, he has tune supras also and turbo and big hp turbo mustangs ............

His newest project.. is 685 the highest it did? hmmmmmm who knows i say mid 150s+ mph hehehe

Sry for the v8 owners hehehe the owners name is v8 killa

the car if u see on the video creeps to 36 psi and back down to 32 psi.....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...1e06df9df7.htm
Old 06-06-2006, 08:50 PM

Nice car but he will need another motor soon.I would love to know how many he has gone through already.

Ls1 RX7 SOLD
Chevy Tahoe Sold
2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS Daily Driver
1991 GMC Syclone LSX-V8 TT Swap in progress
2007 GSX-R 750 Track Bike
2006 DR-Z 400SM
2006 Raptor 700R
Old 06-07-2006, 04:22 AM
*Turbo Interceptor*

damn, kind of makes you wonder, why do it. From what you said it seems like its not worth trying to get power from those!
Old 06-07-2006, 05:46 AM

Its worth it,just not for that long.You really have to be a die hard rotary lover to stick with it.I did it for years,I just got fed-up pulling motors and replacing them.Even with the best tuner in the world(Crispeed is very good)one little hickup or slightly bad fuel on boost and you need a new motor.Don't get me wrong,I'm not trying to knock the rotary because it is an amazing motor I would just rather enjoy my car more by driving it than rebuilding the motor as most turbo rotary owners will tell you there cars spend more time in the garage than on the street.

Ls1 RX7 SOLD
Chevy Tahoe Sold
2006 DR-Z 400SM
2006 Raptor 700R
Old 06-07-2006, 08:15 AM
150+ in the emergencylane

i cant get it to work the vid never loads, i'll try later

its just funny when i see the v8 kill name. i saw it on a supra's plate once i just laughed.

v8+3rd gen rx7=sweetness

good vid except i had to wait 6min to finally see the car in action.
my guess is high 10's....

i got a s/c V8. give me 10 lengths and i bet he'd never be able to read my plate.

AIM:gsxrpat76

Last edited by C4_crusin; 06-07-2006 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by LS1 FD
Nice car but he will need another motor soon.I would love to know how many he has gone through already.
Dude if you have a good program on a standalone like haltech,or whoever the engine will last.The apex seals are better than back in the day. Now the problem is cracking the heads,so you just put about 6 pins over stock and go with it!!We run 8's in the quater and get about 150 passes out of the engine.Then we take it apart and check everything.
TOBYOTA

R.A.P.S member number #0004

Rotards
Against
Piston
Swaps

http://www.myspace.com/tobyota
Old 06-07-2006, 05:28 PM
I BURN OIL N I LIKE IT!!!

Originally Posted by TOBYOTA
Dude if you have a good program on a standalone like haltech,or whoever the engine will last.The apex seals are better than back in the day. Now the problem is cracking the heads,so you just put about 6 pins over stock and go with it!!We run 8's in the quater and get about 150 passes out of the engine.Then we take it apart and check everything.
TOBYOTA
yessss very true. the guy that helps me out with my rx7 has almost 700 hp too on a 13bT2 and gettin the car pinned is perfect insurance for a rotary motor to last.

oh and the only reason why most rotary cars you seen are in a garage is b/c 80% of them THINK they know but dont know what the fuck they're doing.

good video nonetheless.

Originally Posted by jonBODON
that guy has more skill in his left pinky toe then your whole body...
Very Proud Member of R.A.P.S.

R.A.P.S member number #0003

Rotaries
Against
Piston
Swaps
Old 06-07-2006, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by TOBYOTA
TOBYOTA
I understand your side of it and you have a good arguement for a drag car.I am refering to the typical 3rd gen owner that drives on the streets every day and has no clue.

Originally Posted by rexaholic7
oh and the only reason why most rotary cars you seen are in a garage is b/c 80% of them THINK they know but dont know what the fuck they're doing.

good video nonetheless.
Exactly my point,In this state,with our wheather(humidity and temp)you can have the best tuner around and the typical FD driver doesnt know shit and will pop a motor more than once.Trust me I have been in the rotary world for a long time,raced them in SCCA for many years,and I agree the rotary has made many advances but I know how the TYPICAL FD driver is.Read my previous statement,I 'm not knocking the Rotary it is amazing its just the people that build a car to drive on the street to make 500 or more and think it should get 100k mikes out of it.Not happening.

Ls1 RX7 SOLD
Chevy Tahoe Sold
2006 DR-Z 400SM
2006 Raptor 700R
Old 06-08-2006, 02:24 AM
Old School

Nice vid
Old 06-08-2006, 07:37 AM
I BURN OIL N I LIKE IT!!!

Originally Posted by LS1 FD
Exactly my point,In this state,with our wheather(humidity and temp)you can have the best tuner around and the typical FD driver doesnt know shit and will pop a motor more than once.Trust me I have been in the rotary world for a long time,raced them in SCCA for many years,and I agree the rotary has made many advances but I know how the TYPICAL FD driver is.Read my previous statement,I 'm not knocking the Rotary it is amazing its just the people that build a car to drive on the street to make 500 or more and think it should get 100k mikes out of it.Not happening.

oh good point. i guess i missread a lil bit. the problem is that most people hear "ROTARY" and automaticaly assume that it's a complicated engine. If the time is taken to study a lil bit,(google it bitches) these engines are actually simpler than some piston engines. maybe this way people wouldnt have to pay the amount of money they'd have to pay to mazport and/or maztech.

again very nice vid.

Originally Posted by jonBODON
that guy has more skill in his left pinky toe then your whole body...
Very Proud Member of R.A.P.S.

R.A.P.S member number #0003

Rotaries
Against
Piston
Swaps