Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

info needed for 3SGTE swap on 7th gen Celica

Old 09-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Bloodline Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default info needed for 3SGTE swap on 7th gen Celica

hey guys i got a 01 celica gt and i've read that the 3SGTE swap is hard as hell and expensive as shit. I want someone who willl help me prove all that talk wrong. Anyone with any info on this swap or parts or anything whisper , speak, or hint of someone who has succesfully completed it will be much app. Hit me up.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:27 PM
dead and buried

don't know much about the swap but if you change your mind and decide to boost the na motor let me know. i'm selling all the stuff from my '02 celica. here's the link in case you want to check it out...https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/s...d.php?t=263234
Old 10-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Looks Fast

Go on newcelica.org and look for a guy with the screen name JAMASCO, he lives in hollywood FL and has a 3sgte swapped celica GT, the job is quite a lot of custom work, and i think he said he would replicate his setup for 10,000 last time i spoke with him.

2007 VW Rabbit 2-Door
2004 Nissan 350Z Track
1980 Toyota Corolla 2-Door Sedan
1979 Chevrolet Corvette L82
Old 10-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Feel teh rally bishes!

haha good luck on that project. You're better off selling your 7th gen and buying a 5th with a blown motor for 1000 bucks then buy a clip from jarco and put that in. For the money, its not cost effective to put a 3s into a 7th gen. By the time you get done paying for the car, labor and the clip for the 3s, you can have something alot better then a celica for the cost. Something like a turbo supra.

1992 GTS 3sgte from hell! // 1990 GT liftback Stock 3sgte
Old 10-06-2007, 09:50 AM

Default st205 swap in 7gen celica

Originally Posted by midnightracerx
hey guys i got a 01 celica gt and i've read that the 3SGTE swap is hard as hell and expensive as shit. I want someone who willl help me prove all that talk wrong. Anyone with any info on this swap or parts or anything whisper , speak, or hint of someone who has succesfully completed it will be much app. Hit me up.
everything is possible...new things always poppin up...i have a 03 celica..my project start jan08, soon to be st205 in 7gen celica...i wanted awd but not enough funds...its going to be fwd for now...besides new celica is lighter than most of toyota..also the looks is better..its definitly worth the money...my swap is going to be work in GA....from website...Phoenix Tuning Home: We specialize in Toyota Engine Swaps & Wiring Harness Conversions - located in Savannah, GA ,
Old 10-06-2007, 10:11 AM
was "dbhmr2" had a mr2 t

does someone have a link to see some pics on the 7th gen celica with a 3s

seems interesting but definatly overpriced
DereK - Dizzle - D-reK - Big D - DH
Old 10-06-2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by cornhusker
does someone have a link to see some pics on the 7th gen celica with a 3s

seems interesting but definatly overpriced
there r 2 that was done in UK..link.. FENSPORT - PERFORMANCE TOYOTA PARTS
Old 10-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Feel teh rally bishes!

Originally Posted by chase_dro
everything is possible...new things always poppin up...i have a 03 celica..my project start jan08, soon to be st205 in 7gen celica...i wanted awd but not enough funds...its going to be fwd for now...besides new celica is lighter than most of toyota..also the looks is better..its definitly worth the money...my swap is going to be work in GA....from website...Phoenix Tuning Home: We specialize in Toyota Engine Swaps & Wiring Harness Conversions - located in Savannah, GA ,
Anything is possible with money. THeres been a 7th gen with a whole st205 chasis with awd in the UK. Is it practical? no... Unless you have tons of money. I won't be surprised if your disappointed with the end results. Considering how much money you're going to spend, buy something already turbo and build that. Buy a MR2 Turbo or a st185 and dump the money into that 3sgte. Hell you can probably manage to import a st205 and legalize it with the money you're going to have invested in a 7th gen swap.

1992 GTS 3sgte from hell! // 1990 GT liftback Stock 3sgte
Old 10-06-2007, 06:23 PM
was "dbhmr2" had a mr2 t

thanks for the link pretty cool, i just didnt think anyone would spend that kind of money

i mean the 3s is a cool engine, but it just seems odd to me to put an older style engine into a newer car
DereK - Dizzle - D-reK - Big D - DH
Old 06-08-2008, 08:35 PM

its not an expencive swap at all if youve got fabrication skills. your not going to find a write up or info site for it. its simply all fab work. jayson at jamasco in hollywood has done the swap. you could call them but there going to tell you if you dont have some experience dont waste you time. this is no k20 swap

86.5 toyota supra- 1jz never to be finished
01 mitsu eclipse v6 5mt chick car daily
98 honda accord ex- h22 swapped daily driver