Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

few ?'s bout my 93' mr2

Old 09-18-2005, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few ?'s bout my 93' mr2

sup guys, i jus had a few ?'s and really would appreciate it if anyone could help me.......

1. i jus recently purchased and installed a new manifold and 3' downpipe, and for some reason i have a exhaust leak and i cant find it.... i checked and doudle checked all my bolt to see if i didnt tightin them enough and there all good, but the leak is still there.....??..does anyone have any ideas where or wut it could be comin from? a while back i think i heard sumthing bout "when u put a downpipe and manifold on it effects the wastesgate causin it to leak" is this tru? if so how do i fix it?
well if u have time plz give your input cause i can really use it...

2. i also jus recently purchased a greddy type s bov, and on my 93 mr2 the setup casue the blowoff valve to re circulate...but the but thing but that it still as loud as the stock bov which is not loud at all....so i was jus wonderin if i remove the recircultion pipe and filter both sides off will it effect it at all besides makin it louder? thank you
Old 09-19-2005, 12:33 PM
ppssshsshhhhhhh

Originally Posted by mazmilly99
sup guys, i jus had a few ?'s and really would appreciate it if anyone could help me.......

1. i jus recently purchased and installed a new manifold and 3' downpipe, and for some reason i have a exhaust leak and i cant find it.... i checked and doudle checked all my bolt to see if i didnt tightin them enough and there all good, but the leak is still there.....??..does anyone have any ideas where or wut it could be comin from? a while back i think i heard sumthing bout "when u put a downpipe and manifold on it effects the wastesgate causin it to leak" is this tru? if so how do i fix it?
well if u have time plz give your input cause i can really use it...

2. i also jus recently purchased a greddy type s bov, and on my 93 mr2 the setup casue the blowoff valve to re circulate...but the but thing but that it still as loud as the stock bov which is not loud at all....so i was jus wonderin if i remove the recircultion pipe and filter both sides off will it effect it at all besides makin it louder? thank you

1. if u put on a new manifold, check both engine and turbo sides for leaks. the leak could also be coming from the downpipe and not the manifold. if u cant find it, u might want to have someone else look into it. never heard of the wastegate leak theory tho....

2. the blow-off valve is not loud on the mr2's because of the recirculation feature. if u stop if from recirculation and vent to atmosphere then u will get the traditional sound of a blow-off valve that u want, but also will run rich since that air has already passed the MAF/MAP sensor.

here is a site with TONS more information that most people here can provide and u can usually find answers to your questions faster by searching. http://www.mr2oc.com/
Old 09-19-2005, 04:25 PM
not available

Did you use new gaskets and follow torque specifications outlined in the manual?
Old 09-19-2005, 09:26 PM

Default yea

no but then i took it to my shop to see if they could figure it out and even they couldnt.....and jus today i was drivin with my NEW greddy type s bov and suddenly i started to lose massive boost...."there was no hoses lose or anything"...now i have to be in 2nd and rev it up to like 4.5/5 grand for my bov to sound.... man im soo lost and need desperate help..does neone know of a shop that they recommend that know mr2's "inside out" that can help me?????
Old 09-19-2005, 10:02 PM
not available

I can look at it for you if you don't mind driving out to Plant City, it's not that far from Brandon. XAT Racing in Tampa would also certainly be able to help you with it.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by MR2driver
I can look at it for you if you don't mind driving out to Plant City, it's not that far from Brandon. XAT Racing in Tampa would also certainly be able to help you with it.
Bro thank you so much, i would deff. consider the drive for wut it worth....and if you cant figure it out ill take it to that shop...well my # is (813) 681 8023 plzzzzz give me a call either today after 9:30 or anytime tomorrow "ask for jay'. tomorrow is my only day off this week so thats probably my best available time.. once again men "THANK YOU"
Old 09-20-2005, 12:16 PM
not available

Sent you a PM Jay.