Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

My New Car...

Old 10-22-2003, 04:46 PM
Get Bit 4.6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Car...

Hey guys whats up?? im new to the import scene, being as i used to drive my '95 mustang GT which i still have, but i was graced with a new toy last week. its a '97 TT supra with only 42,000 on the clock. stock i know they push a moderate 320hp, but im lookin for a Z06 killer (viper's need to die 2) and im wondering how to reach the 550-600 hp mark without breaking the bank? any ideas on how to go about this? and can i push 600 with the stock turbos or would an upgrade be in my best intrest? plz help im still think domesticly and this import things got me ass backwards. i have about 3 grand 2 play with right now so plz keep that in mind. im taking her to the track thurs. to see what she does in the 1/8 but before i do i'd also like some numbers on what they should run stock with the auto tranny. Thx for any Help!!!!, Ryan
Old 10-22-2003, 05:04 PM
just blaze...

Man congratulations on your purchase, do you have any pictures of it? How much did you pay?

Also I do think that the user ( 99yellowstang ) has one, im not sure, but he did a 13.8 with an auto tranny...if thats not him then thats my fault, sorry dude!

Last edited by Chris LS; 10-22-2003 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:08 PM
Getting Away With Murder

With three grand do the basic BPU mods with a front mount ...

bpu mods being (exhaust,downpipe, boost controller)

bpu mods (depends how good you are at driving) could get you in the 11's with drag radials with the auto...

if you want to be a viper killer i'd save and build the tranny and get a higher stall and upgrade the turbo...

I have a T88h Single Turbo 6speed I don't think i'd have a problem with most of the vipers but they are nasty so you gotta watch out for em
Old 10-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Get Bit 4.6

I payed 28,000 not bad for 46k TT limited edition also but who cares, anyways, what brand of exhaust and downpipe do you prefer? I believe im gonna buy a blitz turbo timer and boost controller. Also how much do you think i can push from the stock Turbos?? and with the boost set higher than factory would i need an upgraded fuel rail and injectors? also what type of buildup should i do on the tranny? beef up the stock Auto or go for a performance auto?? sry for all the ?'s but like i said before, im a newbie to the import scene. BTW, i destroyed a '97 M3 today......
Old 10-22-2003, 06:00 PM
Get Bit 4.6

Oh and a pic of my TT is in my gallery, pretty nice eh?
Old 10-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Getting Away With Murder

Well if you plan to upgrade to a single and don't mind the noise I have the HKS Titanium Exhaust 4" Piping all the way... its loud but hey thats a given... Thats an expensive exhaust about a grand.... the other option is the Super Dragger which is an all around good exhaust just has a little smaller piping...

check out

www.supraforums.com

all the information you'll ever need....

you wont need to upgrade the fuel yet... i would only do that if you upgrade to a bigger single turbo....

check out that site it has TONS of information... if you have a question search first but if nothing comes up post and you will have a reply pretty shortly since its a HUGE forum..

take care.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Getting Away With Murder

nice car heres my baby minus the bumper getting a new one now

Old 10-22-2003, 06:19 PM
Get Bit 4.6

how do you put your pic in the reply?
Old 10-23-2003, 04:13 AM
Getting Away With Murder

if you have the url of the picture put the url in the
[IMG]urlgoeshere[/IMG] and it should work...
Old 10-23-2003, 07:03 AM
Looking for Boost

Default Re: My New Car...

Originally posted by LGBrave2005
Hey guys whats up?? im new to the import scene, being as i used to drive my '95 mustang GT which i still have, but i was graced with a new toy last week. its a '97 TT supra with only 42,000 on the clock. stock i know they push a moderate 320hp, but im lookin for a Z06 killer (viper's need to die 2) and im wondering how to reach the 550-600 hp mark without breaking the bank? any ideas on how to go about this? and can i push 600 with the stock turbos or would an upgrade be in my best intrest? plz help im still think domesticly and this import things got me ass backwards. i have about 3 grand 2 play with right now so plz keep that in mind. im taking her to the track thurs. to see what she does in the 1/8 but before i do i'd also like some numbers on what they should run stock with the auto tranny. Thx for any Help!!!!, Ryan
Congrats on your purchase. To get in the 425-450rwhp range on stock twins its going to cost you at least $3K. You'll need to get yourself a downpipe, exhaust, boost controller, AFC, BCC, and if you have the $$ a 3row intercooler. If you want to go single in the future make sure you get good exhaust and intercooler now, if not its going to cost you more $$ in the long run. I don't know of any 550hp supra's on stock twins that last. Your better off with a single, i'm sure more the experience supra owners will chime in. Regarding where to get your parts check horsepowerfreaks.com, I get my stuff from them and have never had any problems. Stay away from suprastore, search around on supraforums.com.