Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

My New Car...

Old 10-23-2003, 12:10 PM
Get Bit 4.6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i gotcha 3k i can do, but theres 1 prob. lol see with my stang i'm pushin 400 with bolt ons, and i have no clue what a AFC or BCC is, like i said NEWBIE OVER HERE.... lol but at least i gotta pimp import, hondas suk! so plz elaborate 4 me... and how much each of those will be price wise, i know what intercooler, downpipe, etc... is thx!, Ryan
Old 10-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Get Bit 4.6

Also, is there any certain width of downpipe or brand you reccomend? also brands of Boost Controller, Turbo Timer. Intercooler, and so on, and 1 more ? so u think i should buy a front mount intercooler or what? i appreciate it, THX
Old 10-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Getting Away With Murder

If you plan to upgrade to a single in the future get a 3.5in Downpipe atleast. I run a 3.5 on my huge single turbo and doesnt restrict at all...

I have the Blitz DSBC its one of the best you can buy but its like 450$.... the Profec B I have had before which is pretty simple and basic and works good...

Any turbo timer would be ok they all do the same thing ...

I'd get a GReddy 3row if you plan for single and get the stock twin pipes for now... that would be a good choice for a FMIC because its acceptable for a huge single turbo..
Old 10-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Anti-Flag

The stock sidemount IC will hold bost but you really feel teh difference when you have BPU mods with a FMIC , The GReddy 3 row would be my buy for one . I belive the kit is 900-1100 not exactly sure .

A BCC is a Boost Cut Controller , the factory Toyota ECU onl allows you to boost a certain amount stock , this eliminates that .

An AFC is a Super Air Flow Converter , it allows you to tap into the air flow meter signal and injector drivers adn tell your injectors to push more or less fuel at certian RPM's

As for a DP if your keeping the twins for awhile I would go with a Rod Millen Motorsports DP for now , its a nicely priced unit at under 300 $'s and has vdry good gains , For exhaust go with either an N1 or HKS Carbon Ti . The HKS will do you good in the later stages when you get a Single conversion .

Also the tranny should be ok with the power for awhile but if you beat on it enough it's obviously going to run into issues . If you plan on keeping the auto , maybe send it to level 10 and let them do some work on it , beef it up , higher stall etc.

Thats all I can think of right now , hope everything works out for you , Dont forget Intake and BOV for the cool PSSSHT sound

If your going to post , please fucking think before you start talking out of your ass !
Old 10-23-2003, 01:08 PM
Get Bit 4.6

Heres a pic of my Supra
Old 10-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Get Bit 4.6

ok i got my setup now, here goes: rod millen DP, Greddy Evo exhaust, hks boost controller and BBC, APC AFC, and a greddy 3 row FMIC, and a Blitz SSBOV hehe But, whats level 10 and are they located close by?? how much would they charge to beef up my tranny? and what stall converter do you reccomend??? thx again, Ryan
Old 10-23-2003, 01:31 PM
THE HAMMER

try to stay away from HKS for boost controllers.. they have TERRIBLE spiking issues... Greddy Profec B is about as perfect as a boost controller can get for 99% of people out there, and a BPU supra is no exception
Old 10-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Rocket Scientist

If you are headed out to Bradenton MotorsportsPark tonight I'll be out there with a few people. If you need someone local to do some work follow the link at the bottom of my sig and talk to Jim at Turbo Toys. He can hook you up with anything you need and install it at a fair price also.
Suprakid, aka Kirk, just got his car back from them if you need any more references.
Like someone said before on the stock twins you won't get past about 450-500 range for very long. Exhaust, down pipe, boost cut controller, electronic boost controller, intake, are the best places to start.
As for transmission work SP aka Sound Performance is the best for auto rebuilds that will hold the HP. They usually have trannies they can send you just have to return a core. This limits down time. Its going to be about $3k for the upgraded tranny so be prepared.
Since your car is a 97 there are some OBD II issues you'll want to be aware of. Removing the cat and installing the DP will give a check engine light because of the post cat O2 sensor. You can either by a DP with a o2 bung(Rod Millen doesn't have one) by a simulator box to fool the O2 or switch to a 93-96 ODBI ecu.
Anyway, you'll learn about alot of this by reading on Supraforums

Good luck.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:10 PM
Get Bit 4.6

how much will a ODBI cost me? would it be wise to buy a used one or a factory replacement?
Old 10-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Looking for Boost

Originally posted by LGBrave2005
how much will a ODBI cost me? would it be wise to buy a used one or a factory replacement?
I just bought a OBD2 fooler. It cost like 50 bucks so I'll let you know if it works. I had an OBD1 before and it through codes for my 2nd o2.

Contact SP regarding the tranny. Thats a nice parts list your starting with. Be prepared to get addicted and start saving for a single turbo. You'll be wanting one very very soon.