Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Solberg wins Rally Cypress!!!

Old 06-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Sucks to be You!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Solberg wins Rally Cyprus!!!

Hot Damn, Petter Solberg is the man! Victory for the SWRT! too bad Tommi DNF.

Last edited by Dirt Man; 07-01-2003 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:28 PM
Blingo!?!

finally, I was beguinning to wander what subie is doing wrong, petter has all the potential but he always seemed to get the bad luck near the end, and wtf is up with tommi this year?? I guess he should have stuck with the EVO's

20TenProductions "Born to lose and Destined to fail!"
Old 06-23-2003, 04:11 PM
danse

I think Tommi is done. He hasn't looked consistently competitive since coming over to the Scoob. Petter is looking more and more like a contender, near the front almost every weekend. I think Tommi's inclination to walk away from the sport might be the right one. Why bring such a storied career to such a humble close? Let's hope they replace him with another up and comer to compliment Solberg's growing confidence. Subaru may just have a shot this year...assuming those goddamn Pugs keep DNFing.

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here
Old 06-24-2003, 10:40 AM
Sucks to be You!

I think that all things will be set right in the universe if Tommi wins again.

However... I think that Subaru should actively persue Colin McRae again. The man still can drive and just doesnt fit with Citroen.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:37 AM
sooo...where's the turbo?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah but watch...tommi will lose every rally and never finish, but they'll be like...'ah, as for point standing it doesn't appear subaru is doing well, but under technicality Tommi is still leading driver points.' how how how...has he ever finished a fucking rally?

and with mcrae...unless he's in first and he knows it...you know there'll be an accident. like when he broke a few fingers or something and had to shift with his left hand, he was forced to drive steady and finished relatively well...this was a couple seasons back when he wasn't with citroen.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Sucks to be You!

I remember when Colin broke his thumb. He was such a hard ass that he actually considered amputating it just so that he could heal quicker and race the next event versus sitting out 2 events. That's fucking hard-core!
You'd never see Richard Burns do shit like that, hell even Juha Kankunen (rally god) had to convince Colin not to run... for the betterment of the team.

Colin was in his second year with Ford when he broke his thumb.