Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

EVO Killer

Old 06-17-2003, 07:04 PM
cant hold it much longer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking EVO Killer

To the pepole who read Road n Track they recently had an artical putting the EVO and STi up against each other and the EVO came out on top stricly beacuse coast , but when the EVO first came out all dealers had a $5,000 mark up putting it at about $35,000 i recently bought a new STi but it isnt here for at least another 2-3 weeks and was definitly not $35,000 so as we (Subaru heads) know the STi is still king and will always be king . Good luck Mitsubishi, hope that motor stands up ......
Old 06-17-2003, 09:38 PM
Tom
Strict Machine

im jealous
Old 06-18-2003, 06:53 AM
danse

Mark me down as one of the envious masses. My little WRX is faster for now, but a couple of simple bolt-ons and you'll be whipping my ass in a straightline. Might take a few more bucks for you to catch me in a twisty section though. Enjoy the car and bring it to some meets! It's always fun to see an STi come out to play.

The EVO is a solid package, but the forged internals of that 2.5L in the STi combined with its fantastic 6-speed make it the hands down winner in my book. The EVO is running pretty big boost to make modest power on an engine that some rate as "iffy" through a 5-speed that few speak very highly of. Put its quicker steering rack in the STi and I think the Scoob is far and away superior for what equates to $20/month if you're financing at current interest rates over 5 years. You made the right choice, no question.

Then again, I could be a little biased.

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here
Old 06-18-2003, 06:59 AM
Sucks to be You!

"Fargin Bastage", another Sti driver shooting his mouth off!

Honestly, It's not the car... it's the driver behind the wheel. Both cars are matched very well. The STI tromps the EVO in a straight line, on a road course the two are about even, and when it comes to SMACK talkin, a scooby driver will kick the shit out of an EVO driver.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:04 AM
Firemedic / Local 4420

How's the car running Erik?

Old 06-18-2003, 08:50 AM
cant hold it much longer

Thanks guys
Old 06-18-2003, 11:57 AM
danse

Pretty good KP! Still haven't finished burning off that shite gas, but she definitely has more pick up than before. The sound is awesome! Love that Scooby burble. Gotta get my silicone radiator hoses on there this week and will hopefully be dropping my wheels off this weekend so that they can be sent over to Wheeltec for repairs. After that, we'll get that oil pressure gauge operationals and the power upgrade will be complete...for now anyway.

You and wild Bill coming this weekend?

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here
Old 06-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Firemedic / Local 4420

Coming to what?