Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Ecutek vs Greddy E01

Old 05-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Does not race from a roll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecutek vs Greddy E01

similar, same, just curious. while i was out of the loop these both popped up.

Smackin down LS1s since 99', LQ4s too...
Old 05-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Does not race from a roll

I don't like the idea of someone else screwing with my car, looks like the UTEC may be the way to go for me. I like that you get 5 maps and then have the ability to change what you want.

Smackin down LS1s since 99', LQ4s too...
Old 05-12-2003, 12:03 PM

Funny, we get alot of people asking us to sort out their pggy backs.... and one guy so far removing his UTEC and doing Ecutek, commenting on how much smoother and better running it is now.

270 whp with a downpipe cat.....

Bill, reasonably handy with Ecutek.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:16 AM

Default my two cents

hi all,
just figured I'd chime in a bit on this one....The quesiton is a bit more complex than what computer to get in my opinion..it's more what mods are you gonna make In my opinion, if you are tryin to make the fastest wrx you can...(which is a nice thought) Greddy or the Utec is the way to go. With greddy you can take advantage of their larger fuel injectors(800cc) and their new boost controller programs thier e-manage system which controls the larger injectors. Of course you will need other stuff when going this big(like a new tranny, and a lot of stuff) but that would be my choice if I had about 15grand to blow on other mods Yeh, just figured I'd give you some info on the power capabilities of the greddy stuff, but from what I heard, you can use the same injectors with the utec, so there is no real reason not to get it....except the price. Anyways, once you do what you do do, I wanna know how it turns out...I am in the market to get control of my car too. Hope that helped a little,
hippy