Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Another 08 bites the dust

Old 03-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Bugeye Mafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you need parts call ImportImage. If you need work call S&R. Those are the 2 things you need to know about Subaru!

Last edited by 02DubX; 03-13-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:06 PM

durdan FTW
Old 03-13-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by h4scoobie
Theres a BAD-A** shop for Subaru's here in Orlando Big Valley Performance/GADIEL TUNNING. The have some of the fastest cars.

This video will prove they know what they are doing
YouTube - GP & Gadiel Tuning 9.3@150mph Blue Demon STI

thats not the same shop anymore victor sold bvp to some people and the only thing they brought out that i seen was hondas and there in house tuner is jester. im not sure about the new guys at the shop nothing bad about them it just not who your rec-amending

omar tech @ kings performance tuned my car
and jose built my motor. he used to work @ real street.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:12 PM

It is the basic same shop so I know who I recommend. They get their work done by the same machine shop (In kissimmee), Some of the techs bought it yes, And some people left yes, But thats the norm for any shop.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:31 PM
I kill 32-bit ECUs

Originally Posted by Ranaplata
Taylor at S&R built my 08 motor after a ringland cracked because the GT35R produced too much power for the stock pistons. Their prices are reasonable and Taylor is a perfectionist engine builder. I run my motor on meth on the street all the time and have had absolutely no issues. Scott Seigel did the tuning (another perfectionist). I highly recommend S&R. PM me if you want more info.
Man thanks a ton for that tid bit of info. I was unsure where to send my LB to get built.

So I read that and then called S&R and talked to Taylor.......and he knows his shit to say the least.

From just the way he described the building process. I acted somewhat ignorant to "let the builder tell me." Everything he said was tits and bang on for what i wanted to hear. He even hit on the dependability and reliability angle which is the first time i've heard that from a builder.

A 10 minute convo convinced me to ditch the builder i was going with and drive 8 hours for him to build it without even a price quote.

Exactly what i was looking for and should be bringing him two motors early next week.
Bicycle: Kawi 636R.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:41 PM
No Ants Drift Member

Originally Posted by Sleeping_92_SI
Man thanks a ton for that tid bit of info. I was unsure where to send my LB to get built.

So I read that and then called S&R and talked to Taylor.......and he knows his shit to say the least.

From just the way he described the building process. I acted somewhat ignorant to "let the builder tell me." Everything he said was tits and bang on for what i wanted to hear. He even hit on the dependability and reliability angle which is the first time i've heard that from a builder.

A 10 minute convo convinced me to ditch the builder i was going with and drive 8 hours for him to build it without even a price quote.

Exactly what i was looking for and should be bringing him two motors early next week.
just found this thread lol thanks for the awesome words, man! i'd rather tell someone how things really work and attack their own situation with some knowledge instead of just trying to give a 'sales pitch'
Old 05-25-2010, 01:52 PM
I kill 32-bit ECUs

Oh yea my motor is there....i ended up making the trip and it's down in Tampa right now with Bobby. Should be a nasty build.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:21 AM

You won't be dissappointed! S&R Has a 08 STI running 600rhp and 600torque. Daily driver!!

Tayor is going to be redoing my wiring harness for my 99 RS WRX swap soon.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:15 PM
I kill 32-bit ECUs

I'm shooting for mid 600s. We'll see what the external intake system will allow before i have to go Magnus long-runner and/or run out of fuel (1000s). Just threw in the extra Walby 255.
Fingers crossed*

Well if i did run out of fuel i guess i could get bigger meth nozzles. lol
(I already have a two 440cc nozzles.)

OP sorry to threadjack.