Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Perrin 3582R

Old 10-23-2009, 08:09 AM
DudeMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranaplata
The latest theory on how my engine ended up in the condition it's in is that the two halves of the block don't match (that is, that someone mixed up my block with another engine half). This is from the machine shop here. The good news is that they think that they can save my heads and my cams.
oh someone else just so happened to get the same stroker kit asyou? hahaha thats such bs!!!!

Old 10-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Breakin tranny's

Wow man, Bad luck.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:45 AM

The latest theory on how my engine ended up in the condition it's in is that the two halves of the block don't match (that is, that someone mixed up my block with another engine half). This is from the machine shop here. The good news is that they think that they can save my heads and my cams.
I bet the the person who assembled it didnt use new dowel pins on the block halves cause the machine shop takes them out, and if youe "Builder" measured line bore and out round he would have cought this problem so you cant blame everything on machine shop!!

Ive never worked on a subaru motor in my life until this past month when I just built my forged 2.5 hybrid for my WRX in my own garage by myself and my motor came out sucsessful come on now do you really think its all the machine shop fault!
Old 10-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Tampa Stock

that sucks.. deadbolt is also under a lot of fire right now.. so much for free rebuilds for life...
Old 10-23-2009, 09:47 AM

how did you ruin heads and cams cause of wrong block halves, also why dont you call the machine shop and ask them if thy have your other block half????
Old 10-23-2009, 09:52 AM

No, that either Topspeed or their machine shop mixed up my block halves with another engine that they were working on at the same time. If memory serves me, either Decker or Scott said they were building another stroker motor also. If they mixed the halves before they machined the block, it wouldn't matter if it was a stroker or stock bore, the two halves(wherever they came from), got bored out to 100mm bores. We will probably never know for sure what happened, but I do know that they f***** up a perfectly good, almost new 08 motor.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:01 AM

The "wrong block halves" theory was communicated to me by Jeff at S&R and came from the machine shop people, as I understand it. I'm not an engine builder or even a mechanic, just a lawyer who likes to drive fast cars!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:21 AM

Im sorry you have people out their taking advantage of you, on my complete build with machine work i spent around 3k and my motor is built for high boost and nitrous. the motor good for around 650hp
Old 10-23-2009, 11:34 AM
DudeMan

The "wrong block halves" theory was communicated to me by Jeff at S&R and came from the machine shop people, as I understand it. I'm not an engine builder or even a mechanic, just a lawyer who likes to drive fast cars!

go fuck their shit up then! you know all the legal stuff to do

Old 10-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Only Bolt ons!!

^Im with him,rename the place Ranaspeed !! LOl

TampaBayTunedInc.
Area51Tuned