Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Independent fogs

Old 01-01-2008, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Independent fogs

Decided to do this yesterday and I'm lovin it so far.. took about 30 mins and it was free!

Old 01-01-2008, 11:23 AM

shoulda took ya like 5-10 witch way did you do it?

One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure. (srqsti)

Working on the 3000GT VR4 in working order kinda...
Old 01-02-2008, 04:04 PM

If you did it in 5 to 10, you did a half-assed job (sorry bro). I take my time when working on my car so that I know I have quality-only mods.

I pulled the lower part of the dash off (driver side). Removed the 3rd relay from the bottom and bent the top pin backwards so it wouldn't make contact after plugging back in. I soldered a 12v lead to the bent pin of the relay and soldered the fog light switch indicator light to it as well. I had to use a dremmel to cut out part of the relay holder so that it would plug back in (it wouldn't fit back in the holder with the pin bent back) and it stays in just fine. For the 12v source, I piggy-backed the "illumi" fuse on the fuse holder box. This ensures that the fogs come on when I turn my parking lights on (if the fog light switch is engaged). You could use the fuse for the radio or the lighter so that they can be completely independent.

I used the below schematic as a guide.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:34 AM

did the same lol ur just pokey and calm down there killer no need to get snappy

One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure. (srqsti)

Working on the 3000GT VR4 in working order kinda...