Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

what to do? vibration at idle

Old 01-03-2008, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to do? vibration at idle

okay, so this is the situation...

I had a little bit of work done to my car, and surprise surprise, the added power is causing problems... that and the 175,000 miles on the car.

So when I'm sitting at a light I get a noticable vibration when a gear is engaged, regardless of the actual gear, and then a less severe vibration when in nuetral.

history:
went to the track and was brake launching (auto tranny).... think this might have been when things went wrong.... I thought it was torque converter at first

car setup: custom cat-back exhaust, custom intake, lightweight crank pulley, TB bypass, SAFC2, PLX wideband AFR, MSD tach driver, MSD rpm window switch, custom 65(?) wetshot nitrous system

my prognosis:
bad tranny AND bad motor mounts

My question:
Can anyone take a look at my car and tell me how much longer I can SAFELY drive my car before damage starts occurring.

I plan to do a swap eventually, I'm hoping that I can let the car stay as is if I drive gently and do NOT race, and hopefully in 6 months, when I graduate college I'll be able to afford the swap, or atleast take out a loan to do so.
So far the work that needs to be done to my car exceeds the cost of a wrx or jdm sti swap, just trying to get as many opinions and opitions as possible
Old 01-03-2008, 08:07 AM
MPG FTW!

Check the transmission pitch mount, I've seen those snap.

Manny
Old 01-03-2008, 05:59 PM

thanks for the tip. I need to find someone with a lift that will let me use it for 15 minutes, lol