Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

My Gadiel Experience

Old 11-19-2007, 08:35 AM
The NExt Brian O' Conner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Gadiel Experience

First I would like to thank the Brotherz for opening there shop on Sat. when they are close. Also like to thank Joe for putting it together.

2nd I would like to start about my tune, As soon my car was on the dyno he asked me who tune your car the last i said Scott why well he said look at this
9.9 AFR!!!!! at full throttle i was like wow, Well then the car started breaking up bad he said it could be a coil pack or a bad injector. so i pulled the car off and i had an extra set of coil packs changed then all out and same problem. Then i took him for a ride and he told me to turn the meth down and sure enough the car stop breaking up. Now the Part IM VERY UPSET ABOUT IS WHEN SCOTT WAS TUNING MY CAR LAST TIME HE WAS HERE, MY CAR WAS BREAKING UP AT 22PSI AND HE SAID O IT COULD BE A BAD COIL PACK "ITS MECHANICAL ISSUE" WELL IN FACT IT WASNT B/C ITS MAKING LOTS OF SENSE NOW B/C MY CAR WAS RUNNING BETTER ON 20 PSI AND LOW METH, SO NOW IT WASNT MECHANICAL IT WAS TUNING FOR THE FIRST TIME. FUNNY FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE THAT NOTION IN 4 HRS WHEN GADIEL DID IT IN 10MINS. NOW HERE IS THE BIG PROBELM I MAY HAVE A BLOWN HEAD GASKET FROM DRIVING THE CAR THE WAY SCOTT LEFT IT.

3rd but all in all you learn alot when growing up I would like to thanks Gadiel for his knowledge and patience. He helped my car get better gas mileage and put some good numbers down but under certain circumstances we couldnt push me car anymore Thanks Again Gadiel u just got a life time customer!!!.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:42 AM
MPG FTW!

That sucks, man. But glad to hear it runs better now. I never did like any of the Siegel cars I've ridden in, besides Matt's.

Manny
Old 11-19-2007, 08:42 AM
DudeMan

uh oh things are about to get heated.... hope you get it all better

Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 AM

Wow, that sucks about your car but I'm glad it's running better now. I hope Gadiel comes back soon and I have the cash to get mine tuned.

------------------------------
-2006 Subaru WRX Limited
-2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
Old 11-19-2007, 09:13 AM
oh WTF

and the tuner wars begin again... haven't we all learned how this ends up? glad you had a good experience and learned more about your car and what it could do... what were the final #'s?
Orderd Sept. 29th, Built Nov. 8th, Delivered Nov 18th!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm Slow

Gadiel is a master. He also diagnosed Java;s car as soon as it turned on. He figured out Java's issues in 20 minutes. MInd you that Java's car has been tuned by many known tuners and none of them could figure out what was wrong......and even kept tuning with his major issues.

550/550
Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 AM
The one and only.

Originally Posted by I'm Slow
Gadiel is a master. He also diagnosed Java;s car as soon as it turned on. He figured out Java's issues in 20 minutes. MInd you that Java's car has been tuned by many known tuners and none of them could figure out what was wrong......and even kept tuning with his major issues.
20 minutes?......sorry bud but your exaggerating. it was more like 10 mins. i was there.

i've never met a person who knew more about subarus than Gadiel.

wasnt there another car Gadiel tuned, that the suby owner purchased the car from a well know tuner and he still manage to extract more power out the car and correct a few tunning issues?

Last edited by albie1kanobi; 11-19-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:22 AM

That does suck about your car running a 9.9AFR! I doubt that would blow a head gasket. Take in to cconsideration both are porbably useing to different tuneing products. If scott knew about the problem while tuning, he should have fixed it. He should be able to tell if the car is seeing to much meth.... things get over looked.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 PM
The NExt Brian O' Conner

Originally Posted by ryan_west06
=I doubt that would blow a head gasket.
Driving my car around for about 6 months pushing it once and a while im sure it would cause it to do this and caused my radiator to bust too
Gadiel also said this^^.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:02 PM
yeah, I drive a miata

did he tell you what rpm you were running 9.9? i doubt SS would miss that