Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Red Light Green Light

Old 04-26-2007, 06:35 PM
IN HOC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Light Green Light

I need some feedback please. I was traveling to a hockey game last Tuesday and was hit by an idiot in a minivan who blew a red light. He was coming home from a rehab appointment. He totaled his truck six weeks before. He hit me on the drivers side, right in front of the wheel at about 35 to 40 MPH. I got word from the adjuster that the front rails were pushed into the motor, crushing the timing cover, snaping the timing belt and damaging the cam, thus scrambling the motor. He estimates the engine damage and front end damage at 21 to 25 k. He is going to recommend the car be totaled. I have had my car for a year and a half, and have put 14700 miles on it. The shop is going to let me pull my APS exhaust, intake, and Ecutek data monitor. I have the stock parts to swap The tune I got from Top Speed last December... I got to eat that I guess. Does anyone know how they determine a value for a totaled car, and what I may hope to get from it? I took some photos with my cell phone, and I will post them when I figure out how to do it. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:11 PM

dont they give you what the kelly blue book value is!! im not sure..
Old 04-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Am I OG Yet ?

I worked collision repair for years and I would just pull your stuff off and start over. This is where Gap coverage shines, I have my car insured for appraised Value. If I was in a situation like yours I would sue the driver personaly for the aftermarket parts value lost. It your front half suffered timing/cam damage theres no telling what else the internals suffered. Its just not worth the small loss to take a chance and get it fixed only to have more issues down the road.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:42 PM
pwns.

I'd take it to Driven Concepts or consult Sportcompactvalue.com, Home of Vehicle Valuation Solutions, Inc.