Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Taking off - Later

Old 07-26-2005, 08:23 AM
noodles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking off - Later

I've had enough.

- I've no interest in spending my time in here anymore if people, in a LOCAL SUBARU COMMUNITY forum are stopped from expressing their opinions ABOUT SUBARU-RELATED ISSUES through thread locks.

- This forum exists for Florida Subaru owners to talk Subaru. Parts. Dealerships. Performance. Questions and answers. Sharing opinions on all of the above. It's called discussion.

- Just as "It's a dealership, what do you expect?" applies to owners in this forum, "It's the internet, what do you expect?" applies to local Subaru-related business owners. It's raw. It's freedom. It's also a place where people don't take the time to consider carefully what they're writing to get their true message across and very often misrepresent their real feelings about something. That's the reality of it. Go ahead and be pissed off with that, but it's not going away.

- I, for one, have made "personal" comments about Bill @ Mastro in here before that were a little bit stronger than I actually felt. I didn't realize it at the time, but he tactfully brought it to my attention one day (...that it was a personal comment) when I was picking up parts, and it gave me pause. It doesn't mean I feel drasticly different now, but I it made me want to wipe the slate clean with him and start from scratch to see how it progressed from there. That's tough to stomach, given that EVERY SINGLE (and I mean every!) Subaru owner I meet in the area, over the course of an hour or two, ends up sharing a personal story that involved Bill @ Mastro. I am trying hard to form my own fresh take as of a month or so ago.

- Compare "Damn, why does Mastro need my VIN for ordering parts? I had to deal with that shit today and it was annoying.", which will result in people explaining the very real/sane reason for it, with "fucking shit fuck ass tit fuck dick shit Mastro sucks they wanted my VIN WTF is wrong can't you order parts you fucking ass fag shitshit cuntbag doucheface fucking shit!". Proof that a lot of people aren't good at expressing themselves well, both young and old. Without careful moderation, both of these things will exist in ANY forum ANYWHERE about ANY topic. To me, moderation means locking only the most insanely out of control threads AFTER everyone has been asked to tone it down a notch and provide thoughtful posts instead of treating the forum like a chat server.

I'll see you guys at meets, in the Auto-X/Road-Racing forum, or on NASIOC and such.

You care