Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Need Help On My Direction

Old 04-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Down South Supplier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help On My Direction

Ok so im rather confused at this point, there are so many routes to get to where I want to be but I'm not sure which one to take. I have heard/read about so many different set ups but one hasnt really hit me yet.

My goal is going to be around 290-300 WHP, this way I probally wont have to worry about our amazing tranny blowing up... after the goal is met I will be done for a while so I can buy some stuff that I have been meaning to buy (hid's , door speakers, wheels, ect ect).

Currently I have HKS DP, HKS TI Cat Back, and a boost controller (up pipe is incomming soon) . What should I do to achieve my goal? I was thinking of this set up: VF22, STi pinks, cobb accessport, walbro fuel pump... would this be a good way to go or do should i do a utec? the only reason I would think of this accesport is because it has a map for the exact setup i listed above...so i figured why go utec if the accessport has what i need. Please help me figure this out so i can convince the rents to give me a loan lol

Originally Posted by blacksti
stop trying to be cool telling people you kicked me out of your tree house lmao dude fs is gay get over it
Originally Posted by antibling
bob you are just way too cool
Old 04-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Cock Model

my personal opinion would be to get some UR 600cc injectors, fp td05h-18g turbo, and a tuneable form of EM (utec,aem). This way when the power doesn't impress you anymore down the road, you've got more on tap, plus you have an em that you can easily adjust with more upgrades/tune for racegas etc. Buy this setup than save up for some RA gears/tranny upgrade and turn the boost up more often.

02 WRX
K&N, ic hoses, up-pipe & turboback
Old 04-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Too Much is ALMOST Enough

I would go with what FlatFour said, then buy my HID's and my up pipe and maybe you could buy my STi pink injectors(stocks+cash) too
Old 04-22-2005, 02:31 AM

cobb requires either a vf34 or vf30 for the AP. you cant use a vf22 with that setup and Cobb unless you have the streeet tuner and thats a whole different story
Old 04-22-2005, 02:45 AM
Too Much is ALMOST Enough

I would go with UTEC cause there are 2 tuners that I know of in the area. EcuTek is cool but if you're looking for the most power out of your setup I think UTEC would be better, but of course Standalone>Piggyback. So if you've got the funds go Microtech or AEM. That way you will be set for the GT35R kit I will talk you into buying in about 6 months or so
Old 04-22-2005, 03:13 PM

I heard you can use the Cobb VF34 map on a VF22.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Cock Model

i don't really see the point in buying a vf22 unless you are seriously lacking funds. A vf34 is only like $125 more and it has a better center cartridge = alot faster spool. If you want the extra power get the 18g. It spools as fast as the vf34 but can make more power at higher boost levels. With a catless exhaust system, EM, and an 18g you can break 300awhp with pump gas.
I wouldn't use a vf34 generic cobb map with a vf22 either. The maps are already not specific to your particular application, why make the situation worse. I'm not speaking with experience on this one, but just because the car will run and hold boost doesn't mean your getting the power or reliability you should.

02 WRX
K&N, ic hoses, up-pipe & turboback
Old 04-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Down South Supplier

I will probally go with the vf34... I dont think i can swing a grand on a 18g otherwise i would

Originally Posted by blacksti
stop trying to be cool telling people you kicked me out of your tree house lmao dude fs is gay get over it
Originally Posted by antibling
bob you are just way too cool
Old 04-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Just for decoration

I was actually thinking the same thing. I decided upon the VF34 with utec. Possibly swapping out for a Bigger top mount instead of the front mount.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008

Quick Reply: Need Help On My Direction