Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Hks Hi-Power (silencer)

Old 01-19-2005, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hks Hi-Power (silencer)

I just got it and I noticed that it is really loud (I'm running with a Hks downpipe). Do any of you here use a silencer? My dang neighbors are complaining that it's too loud so I ordered a silencer yesterday.

Last edited by scoobydoo; 01-20-2005 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:34 AM
Livin' in Seattle

Silencers suck. They rob power and are usually fairly difficult to pull out once you've stuck them in. It's a nice concept, I'll grant you that, but the fact of the matter is you'll either leave the damned thing in there for months on end or have it lying in the garage. The best bet would be another exhaust, one that's easier on the ears and on the neighbors. The gains a loud exhaust has over that of a quieter one are usually negligable.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Down South Supplier

i have my hks ti hi power and its not *that* bad...no complaints from neighbors or anything...so no i dont run it with a silencer.. I also have the hks downpipe

Originally Posted by blacksti
stop trying to be cool telling people you kicked me out of your tree house lmao dude fs is gay get over it
Originally Posted by antibling
bob you are just way too cool
Old 01-19-2005, 06:05 PM
danse

I like the tone and sound of my HKS exhaust. F your neighbors bud.

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here
Old 01-20-2005, 05:04 AM
Down South Supplier

The only thing that got my neighbors mad was when I ran the open 3" hks downpipe....yeah they *definately* didnt like that one. I think they threw a party when i put my exhaust on b/c it got so much quieter lol

Originally Posted by blacksti
stop trying to be cool telling people you kicked me out of your tree house lmao dude fs is gay get over it
Originally Posted by antibling
bob you are just way too cool
Old 01-20-2005, 05:51 AM

Cold mornings make my exhaust sound deep. In the summer I think it should be fine. I try to be quiet as possible in the morning but my gay neighbors are like "stop revving your car"and "it's too loud" I'm like WTF I don't revv my car it's just got a lot of hp. I hate my neighborhood 1 neighbor has been spitting on my car for like everyday last week. So I went to the old farts house and was like Wtf why you spitting on my car. They said they were going to call the cops on me for accusing him (my next door neighbor saw him spit a loogie on my car in the morning) so he finally stopped spitting. So I ended up getting a damn silencer which is going to suck ass.

Last edited by scoobydoo; 01-20-2005 at 05:57 AM.