Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

i am also looking at a wrx, but i want to know...

Old 11-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Fuckelberry Hound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i am also looking at a wrx, but i want to know...

how has it held up? how are parts prices compared to other makes/models? what are common problems, if any. i`m planning on getting one that i will be using for work, which will involve much driving, around town and highway. since i hate driving all day, i wanted something fun to drive, 4cyl, turbo and the awd is important for all weather driving and some off road driving. what are your feelings/comments in these areas.
DILLIGAF?

Old 11-28-2004, 05:18 PM
GO YANKEES!!!

The car is great. It is decently quick stock and is a few easy mods away from hauling some serious ass. The car handles well stock and is a few mods away from handling really well. The brakes are pretty good. The interior will hold 5 comfortably. The car is super reliable as long as you are smart with it and take good care of it. It gets OK gas mileage. The parts are more expensive than most cars. It is a sweet car and is a great car in stock form or a good platform to modify. The paint is pretty crappy and can chip easily and alot of people have tranny problems but most are user error and the stock tires are the same from a Camry. Other than that, you will love the car. -KEVIN-
Old 11-29-2004, 03:51 AM

+1 on the paint-both my bumpers the paint chipped off

other than that it is an awesome car
Old 11-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Fuckelberry Hound

thanks guys. talked to chuck at mastro today and test drove an 03 (?) wrx today. not to bad. needs more boost! just need to sell my truck...
DILLIGAF?

Old 11-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Just for decoration

Ive got no complaints yet. Looks great, sounds great with my catback and has plenty of power right out of the box. My 2 cents is that it is a great platform for anyone looking to mod or if you just want to leave it stock. The parts are expensive but there is a more wide range of parts made for this car than many others. Get one.

R.I.P. Brian Nichols 02/07/1989-11/24/2008
Old 12-01-2004, 11:44 PM
ASM FTW!

I like my wrx, but only for what it is... its a great car, honestly, ill have to give it the one up on my supra and basically everything else ive owned, but for massive power production, and downright abuse, look elsewhere.. Mine has held up so well, and still runs like a top, im kind of debating on if i should sell it or not. However, im trying to clean up my supra and possibly sell that, so for now, trying to buy a house, it kind of mandates selling it. I never much paid attention to subarus until i got my wrx, now i swear ill be in another one sometime soon Hopefully by the end of next year it will be new car time again, and i am looking at the STi and the Legacy GT, but for now, as much as it makes no sense, i need to sell my car. Nevertheless, awesome car, only a few stupid problems that a lot of people encountered, nothing major ever, and it made a few good road trips 1200+ miles without a hiccup.. Great cars, sure the paint "sucks" and mods are expensive, but well worth it in the long run!

Mark
Old 12-02-2004, 09:03 PM
slash

we've had our wrx since 10/01 and havent had any problems.....like said before, as long as you take care if it, you should be fine.......it handles and performs great, and is comfy.... but our gas mileage isnt all that great but its not bad....and make sure you get new freakin crush washers when you change your oil or itll drip and you'll hafta do it again....and the flywheel chatters....but overall, its a great car!....id hafta say that its the best bang for tha buck!
TRick Squad Member #3
VicPrez of IttyBittyTittyCommittee

Old 12-04-2004, 07:15 PM
GET ON MY LEVEL!!!

Sabotage,

You have a WRX? I was not aware of that
Old 12-04-2004, 07:47 PM
slash

Originally posted by Bostitch
Sabotage,