Old 06-22-2010, 11:57 AM
scott hutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S60R
So Scott, you are honestly going to sit there and tell me you've never deliberately or accidentally thrown the rear of your car out, and then once you did, see if you could keep it in check or control it?

Have you ever pushed a 911 turbo hard and fast through a turn and then have to deal with the exit boost coming on so quickly that its a split second balancing act of gaining some speed back without breaking the rear end loose?

Or how many AWDs have you raced? If the answer is 0 let me tell you that its a bit different from RWD since you have the option of compromising both front and rear grip depending on where and how you apply the power?

But I'm sure with your god like knowledge of all things automotive, racing and in addition to being psychic enough to know what the hell I know that I'm just 'driving half ass'.

And to jworms above, I've been to school and done just fine years ago. In the last 23 years I've attended 2 drivers schools, 5 track events and more auto-xes than I could start to keep track of. My instructors thought I was good. My fellow racers always think I do well, and I've never been penalized or warned for any technique that I've practiced since I do feel I'm good at controlling a car and knowing where to direct it.

Its amazing how despite all that all you need to do is post a couple vids of some non-approved hand action and me DELIBERATELY FUCKING AROUND ON AN EMPTY AND WET TRACK and all of a sudden people who don't even know you come out of the woodwork to tell authoritively that you that you don't know how to drive and are doing it all wrong.
Ive driven plenty of AWD and RWD cars through the twisties dude so dont get all high and mighty on everyone. And yea Ive thrown the back end out before. On occasion. But not on a race track. And NOT to test out new suspension. FACTS are that you drove for crap. Supposedly to test out some new crap on your car. Its like buying new running shoes and seeing if you can walk like a cripple.

Don't post a video of shitty driving in a driving forum, and expect to not be critiqued on it.