Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

My Free Private Track Time @ Moroso (Palm Beach Raceway)

Old 06-22-2010, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well...this has kept me entertained all day. What work?
BMW CCA DE Instructor
BMW CCA 366493
Old 06-22-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Car54
Well...this has kept me entertained all day. What work?
Same. Productivity shot way down today lol
Old 06-22-2010, 01:23 PM
5 Cylinders Of Fury

I know that not the correct procedure, but I only made the mistake of grabbing from the inside like that twice when I was busy shifting and needing to rotate the wheel about 90 degrees for right hand turns at the same time.

Its a bad city driving habbit I need to break, but don't be a tard by claiming I'm always driving around with my hand inside the wheel dude.

Then again if you don't chime in here often I guess I should feel privaledged you came here just to beat that dead horse for us, lol.

Crazy Camber, Stretch & Poke; its the new triple-stack-bleacher-wing ricer fad that's all the rage nowadays, lol
Old 06-22-2010, 01:32 PM
5 Cylinders Of Fury

Originally Posted by scott hutch
You don't get it. There was no "taking tha car to the limit" You were plain and simple driving poorly. Driving a car fast hard, and correctly would be taking it to the limit. Seriously You go back and forth with the excuses of "Oh it was a fun run" "Oh it was wet" "Oh I was just taking it to the limits"
I don't understand if you are such a great driver why you made so many basic mistakes. Everyone screws up dude. Just take the freakin criticism and learn from the experience.
And like I said yea i like most people in here have screwed around in their cars for run. But its a race track. Not a Dick around track.
Ah, I get it now, I should be there racing fast and hard on a wet track where I've only been approved for a fun run. You're just really trying to win me over with some convoluted logic here Scott. One limit placed on my fun run was not going too fast on the back straightaway. Since I had a track official there with me, you can see his only suggestion for me was to slow it down before we approached the grandstand area on the first time around.

And yes, I know I took a bad track through the course and my hand positioning sucked, I will do much better next time, I promise, lol. I can't disagree with anyone on those facts.

But I'm feeling like a parrot explaining to you that I wanted to kick the rear end out a few times to get a good feel for how the car would react. At least you've admitted you've done the same but you have the opinion its bad thing I did it where I did. Guess we're just going to have to respectfully disagree on that one.

Crazy Camber, Stretch & Poke; its the new triple-stack-bleacher-wing ricer fad that's all the rage nowadays, lol

Last edited by S60R; 06-22-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:47 PM
5 Cylinders Of Fury

Originally Posted by switchcars
Really? Sounded like he was your instructor to me given that he was telling you what line to take.

A: Nope, friend and track official. Told him its been about a decade since I was there so to provide any helpful reminders

Really? Then you should know the right gears and shift points, or have a pretty darn good guess, unlike your excuse above.

A: Oh yes, after a decade away and a 4 speed 2100 lbs car -vs- a 3800 lbs 6 speed I should just automatically assume everything would be the same? Are you fucking retared dude?

So you can't really take full credit for correcting all your slides....it was partly due to that wonderful AWD and DTSC software.

A: Pay attention dude, we shut off the DTSC right after we get on the course, and reset it near the end around the 6 minute point.

Wear it anyway. You're on a friggin racetrack, testing the limits.

A: Yessir . . . .

Really? YOUR words, from 4:16-4:45 in the video:

A: You need to pay more careful attention dude, I was having a brain fart and remembered in the end. Nitto's compared to Star Specs arn't shit, but that doesn't mean that you cant do a DE with them.

And we are talking about pushing past the limit doing 35MPH. A rear kick out or drift at slow speeds on a wet corner are far different than going around a course hot and fast at even close to 100% of what you are capable of.

And my last point, as a hand-position nazi.....your hands weren't even in the same wrong places each time around the track. You were randomly picking places to hold the wheel. ANY experienced driver knows that you use the same habits whether screwing around or actually racing. 9-3 is the correct hand position for drifting, driving at 10/10ths, driving at 2/10ths, and going to the grocery store.

LOL, Once again, yessir mr safety sir. Would love to put a camera on your ass and see if you are really always 9-3ing it, even when you are just on your way to the store, lol.

Last edited by S60R; 06-22-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:45 PM

Okay, I think all the last words are in, and I'm out of popcorn...