For Sale/WTB Ford, Lincoln, Mercury For Sale/WTB area for all Ford related items. Please keep this strictly ford related.

Wtb: Aod

Old 02-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Sik Addictions cc.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wtb: Aod

I have a 91 mark 7 with a 5.0 ho. need a trans. i can get one locally but i have to pull it for 150. think the years are 86 to 93 and just a normal aod. pm me or reply here, thanks.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 AM

The mark VII AOD has a longer tailshaft than the mustang AOD. Just thought I'd mention that if you were planning to use a mustang unit.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Sik Addictions cc.

hummmmm didnt know that ok how much longer?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:57 PM

From what I've read on the lincoln sites, The mustang AOD tailshaft and tailshaft housing are about 1" shorter than the mark VII. So with the mustang trans you would have 1" less splined area engaging the driveshaft. Apparently summit and UPR sell driveshaft spacers if you need to make up that 1" difference. I guess that would be okay if the car is just used as a daily driver and not for performance use. Again, I'm only relaying what I've read from others that have done this. In my own Lincolns I've always stuck with the Mark VII Trans.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:50 AM
Sik Addictions cc.

right but i can find any, its just a daily, but 1" is alot if you think about it. the you pull is a crown vic.more research.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:41 AM

I wouldn't go with a crown vic Tranny. Not only do you have the same tail shaft problem as the mustang tranny , but you'll also have to change the linkage because the crown vic is column shift.
I have a Mark VII LSC SE with a great tranny that I was going to part out but now I have a guy that wants to buy the whole car off me. Your best bet would probably be to hit one of the LKQ u pull-it yards. Right now there are 3 Mark VII's in their Tampa location and 4 at their location on 40th st. (I'm not sure if thats considered to be largo or clearwater but it's over in pinellas county.) You'll have to pull it yourself but it will only run you around 100 bucks with a 30 day warranty. It's a bit of a gamble because you don't know for sure if it's good until you install it in your car but if you're on a tight budget that might be the best way to go.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Sik Addictions cc.

ive read on the lincoln forums that its easy swap as far as the linkage goes, drop the pan and remove 2 nuts and a pin, pull out, reinstall. also my buddy has a driveline shop with an extra towncar driveshaft, cut it down, balance it, put in my car, bada bing!.

how much for your mark 7?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:40 AM

I have 3 LSC's right now. The one I mentioned in the post is a red 1991 special edition. I bought it to use some parts for my other cars and sell the rest but a guy I know wants to buy the whole car off me for 750.00 . It was the previous owners daily driver but it has bad paint, rust by the rear window, and the airbags leak down.
If you are looking for a nice one, I have a really nice one I'd like to sell for just 1300.00. It's a 1989 LSC, rust free, only 115K miles, runs great, ice cold A/C. No problems with the air suspension, brakes or transmission. It would make a nice daily driver or a good car to build up. If you're interested in it I could email you some pics.
My "keeper" is a white 1989 LSC that I'm slowly building up into a street/strip car.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:12 AM
THROTTLE STEER

Originally Posted by Raz Racing
I have 3 LSC's right now. The one I mentioned in the post is a red 1991 special edition. I bought it to use some parts for my other cars and sell the rest but a guy I know wants to buy the whole car off me for 750.00 . It was the previous owners daily driver but it has bad paint, rust by the rear window, and the airbags leak down.
If you are looking for a nice one, I have a really nice one I'd like to sell for just 1300.00. It's a 1989 LSC, rust free, only 115K miles, runs great, ice cold A/C. No problems with the air suspension, brakes or transmission. It would make a nice daily driver or a good car to build up. If you're interested in it I could email you some pics.
My "keeper" is a white 1989 LSC that I'm slowly building up into a street/strip car.
I've seen all of Roy's cars the red one for $1300.00 is a great deal..
Old 02-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Sik Addictions cc.

i got this car in trade and id never going to go out and lookto buy one, but i was going to pull just the fuel injecton of and install it on my 90 mazda b2200 which already has a carb'd sbf. the car is in real nice shape with a coil spring conversion and cold ac. id hate to use some parts then junk the car, so i was toying the idea of keeping the car as a daily and finding another donar or just leaving the minitruck alone.

but i know its worth more in "drive it home" shape. i may just find a trans and drive it unless someone want the car, ill let it go cheap!!!!!