For Sale/WTB Ford, Lincoln, Mercury For Sale/WTB area for all Ford related items. Please keep this strictly ford related.

Wtb: Aod

Old 02-12-2009, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The handful of guys on this board that are into lincolns are mostly in the Tampa bay area. You're all the way up in Wildwood right?
What's the rundown on your car? Bill blass model or LSC? Colors? Mileage? How cheap?

Last edited by Raz Racing; 02-12-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:52 PM

Thanks Donnie. Hey, this guys car needs a Tranny... you're the 5-speed conversion guru. It's calling your name.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:33 PM

Hey, your car wouldn't happen to be the black SE that was for sale on the lakeland craigslist for awhile is it? The guy wanted 700.00 or to trade for something he could drive.The owner of the car I'm thinking of lived in Casselberry but the car was in ulmatilla. It needed a trans, had a coil conversion and had cold air. It sounds like it might be the same car from your description of yours. (alot of similarities, at least)
I emailed the owner quite a bit over the course of a week and was going to buy it off him for 500.00 but the more we talked, the more he came clean about all that the car needed. He started telling me that the previous owner screwed with the brake system trying to bypass the abs. It also had about 170K miles if IIRC and had a bit of rust near the rear window. I decided that it needed too much to fix it up right and told him it sounds like it would be best used as a parts car. So in the end, I passed on it. Is this the same car?
Old 02-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Sik Addictions cc.

yes but ive fixed the abs already, dude there was steel braded line with double hose clamps! i ran new hard lines. im getting a trans monday from a 90. there isnt that much wrong with it. 145k and no rust. faded paint looks good i may keep it
Old 02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
THROTTLE STEER

Originally Posted by minitrucker
yes but ive fixed the abs already, dude there was steel braded line with double hose clamps! i ran new hard lines. im getting a trans monday from a 90. there isnt that much wrong with it. 145k and no rust. faded paint looks good i may keep it
Double hose clamps,, Last dude must have used a fool box instead of toolbox
Old 02-12-2009, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by minitrucker
LOL. Yep, that must be the car. When the guy told me the brake lines had been cut and joined with hose and clamps that was just too much for me.
He was 2 hours away from me and as much as I wanted to see the car for myself, I decided to pass on it based on the info he gave me. Glad to hear you were able to fix the brakes. The other guy actually drove it like that for 2 days before the tranny crapped out on him. (At least that's what he told me)
Are you sure there's no rust? He told me there was a dime sized hole by the rear window. Oh well, I'm glad to hear another LSC is getting saved.
Good luck with her.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Sik Addictions cc.

ok you got me thinkling and yes there is some surface rust on the bottom of the rear window on the driver side. i didnt notice it before untill you asked, the car had no brakes!!!! WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAA NELLY! lol ill cut back some metal and weld in a new peice of sheet metal, no big deal. Im not going to keep the car but the next owner may want to. we will see how it goes. whats some good forums, meets locally, tampas not that far away.

what esle did he say was wrong with it?
Old 02-12-2009, 06:29 PM

When I spoke to him he said when the trans went bad it would go forward in all the gears, including reverse. Apparently he found this out when he tried to back out of a parking space and the car went forward and drove over a parking curb. He said he had to get his wife to come with her car and tow him off the curb. So look for signs of damage underneath. That's about the only other thing I remember, other than the obvious stuff in the photos. Oh, one thing that irked me a bit was that he misrepresented the car in his ad. The picture he showed in his ad that showed the car looking nice and clean from a 3/4 front view wasn't HIS car. It was a photo of another mark VII LSC that he had found. I was suspicious of this when i noticed that one photo showed the car with factory covers on the foglights. All his other photos showed a car (HIS car) that didn't have fog light covers installed. When I asked him about this point blank he admitted that he had included a photo of another car in his ad. He said he "wanted people to see how the car would look cleaned and polished". Unfortunately he didn't mention that in the ad. He just let people believe the photo they were seeing of the nicer looking car was the same car. I figured if he was going to do that, he was probably sugar coating other problems the car might have. I don't want to completely sound like I'm trashing the guy though. He seemed to be a genuinely nice guy ,who really knew nothing about cars ,that got stuck buying a car that had problems he wasn't aware of. I kinda felt bad for him.

As far sites to go check out for lincoln stuff, two of the best are www.lincolnsonline.com and www.fordvschevy.com .
Make sure you go to the separate lincoln forum on fordvschevy. There is tons of tech help on both of those sites. Some real hardcore lincoln guys too.

As for meets down this way, there really aren't any that I know of that are mark VII oriented. A really cool one I've been to twice takes place up in commerce georgia each year. It's called the southern super heavyweight shootout. SSHS for short. It's a drag event that pits the lincoln guys against the Impalla SS guys. A few of the cars there have ran in the 9's!

There are a handful of guys in this area into Mark VII's. 460TZILLA has a bad ass Black SE with a 5-speed conversion, his friend Julian is into Mark VII's and I have a friend named Mike in Clearwater that has a couple of nice ones.

Last edited by Raz Racing; 02-12-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Sik Addictions cc.

if i can find a t5 for cheap ill gather up the parts to do that, found a killer write up online on every detail. ive done 3 aod to t5 in foxs and actuly this looks about the same. we will see. thanks for all the info
Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 PM

If you've done it 3 times already on a fox stang you should have no trouble at all. If you have any questions, I'm sure 460TZILLA could give you a few pointers. He did his own conversion on his car. He let me drive his a couple months ago. It's a real blast driving a Lincoln with a stick. You're welcome for all the info. Be warned though> Mark VII's can be addictive. LOL. Once you have one, even if you sell it, you'll end up getting another one. I've probably had 10 so far but a few were parts cars.