The Projects Watch out in this hood ! Current And Past Ford Project Topics Only.

1990 Steeda Project

Old 11-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Yes!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Steeda Project

So many people on here knew i was going to sell my car for a cheap 2 grand, on the way to sell it i blew out a head gasket half way to new port richey. While waiting on a tow truck to come and get me it hit me that i really dont want to get rid of this car. A sign from god or not i dont really know but im glad it happened. So when i finally got the car home i came to the conclusion that i was going to rebild the motor and make it into more of a learn as i go project car. I am only 18 and i have a part time job so it will not be a fast build by anymeans but hey it should be a good experience. But hey lets get ths build started. I am open to any ideas and all the help you guys will give me. For all of you that have never seen the car here it is.

I have finally gotten in my complete gasket kit, water pump, timing chain, harmonic balincer and timing chain cover. So i will be starting the destruction tomo, Thanks for lookin at my first build more pics as i progress.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:53 PM

Yeah but you couldnt ask for a more affordable starter car to build up. The aftermarket is all over these cars. There are ready made formulas to dial it in for what ever you want it to be. All the trial and error work has been done. There is no guess work left.

You make a nice street car out of what you have there and it really wont cost as much as you think. Just keep the car true to its origins and dont get over board with cosmetic mods. Focus more on the drive line and suspension. Then take on the body work. In the end you'll have a car that most guys your age will envy,.. even if they are Honda fanboys. Dollar for dollar,. mod for mod they can not compete with what you already have.

I'm in the process of writing up some tech articles. Stay tuned. Should help you out.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"
Old 11-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Bone Stock

Good for you man. It's taken me a few times to realize what I want to do with mine and even then, it will change. Just don't give it up and it'll be something you'll be proud of!

03 Cobra Vert: Whipple, Lt's, H-pipe, SRA, 325 MT Dr's, more bolt-on's - Weekend Beater

88 Mustang Coupe: Gutted - Project
Old 11-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Yes!!!!

Thanks guys, i got alot more done today then i ever expected i removed everything down to the block and sent the heads out to the machine shop to get checked out, wanted to play it safe it have it done right the first time and not have to worry bout installin bad heads. But while those are away i plan on cleanin up the engine bay and makin it more appealing to the eye, got lots of pics that will get posted up later tonight. Thanks for reading.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:10 PM
I gota Cheby

cool and good luck, should be fun

Only 1/4 mile track I know is Gandy Bridge
Old 11-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Yes!!!!

Some stuff from today

Sanded old paint off

Cleaned and repainted

My mom hates me right now

Old 11-28-2009, 09:08 PM

Keep your parts organized. I like to use zip lock bags for holding dirty nuts and bolts. I put masking tape on and label them so I know what the nuts and bolts went to. Then after I clean them up I buy trays from Lowes. Some people like to use them for screws and sorting out electronic parts. I like to use them to store my nuts and bolts.

Odds are this will take you a month or more to complete. Being this is your first one,.. you need to remember how you disassembled everything. I will take pictures of before from every angle. Then I can use them as reference when I put it back together. When I did my first 4.6 they came in handy.

Hurst

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
"We all heart the Hurst"