monster lsvtec build need advice

Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation monster lsvtec build need advice

ok here goes ive heard ALOT of different opinions most good tho some bad but dont know if the bad ppl know their stuff so im askin you guys i have a b18b bottom end im building with a b16a head for starters the head is getting brass valve guides ferrera high compression valves supertech dual valvesprings new valveseals and has a stage 3 port and polish with 5 angle valvejob also skunk 2 pro stage 1 cams as for the bottom end i have a golden eagle crank eagle hbeam rods with 81.5mm ctr pistons darton sleeves type r oil and waterpump with all arp bolts moroso 5 quarts oilpan my issue is am i going to have some p2v clearance issues and what might i do to correct them i know im gonna have to clay thats fine and since i have the flattop valves i figured that would give some extra space the rods are the stock stoke and length so no problem their i also plan on spraying on this motor also have a 75 shot that direct port connects to my intake manifold my major concern is clearance issues with the valves im gonna run a gates timing belt also with all upgraded and lightened pully system thanx for the help guys all info is greatly appreciated
Old 10-02-2012, 06:12 PM

[cmon someone gimme some imput pls lol
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 AM
1LowSi is a white guy

It is really hard to say online if you WIL OR WILL NOT have v2p/v2v contact. If your going to be doing clay why worry till then?

VOUCHES on H-T(jdmh22eg2) :neophyte210, RhdRicheeee, russlavoilette,lzylst

Orlandoforums (ThatWhiteGuy) -- Anyone

I LIVE IN DAYTONA BEACH
Old 10-03-2012, 02:27 PM

cuz i wanna know if someone has had this similar setup or know of someone with this setup and what they had to do these parts aint cheap and hate to have a problem with them if i can use something diff then i will
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM

Too many "if's" in this situation. Clay it and go from there.

How do you think flat face valves will increase room?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:16 AM

I did a motor kinda like this it all depends on the work done! I had to run race gas in mine it wouldent run on pump because i found out my head was shaved 2 times before i did so it was like 13:1. You have to go to som1 who knows what they are doing! strictly mt look him up in shop forum.
ej crew member #7

sigpic43845_1
Old 10-18-2012, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by 91LsVTECsi
I did a motor kinda like this it all depends on the work done! I had to run race gas in mine it wouldent run on pump because i found out my head was shaved 2 times before i did so it was like 13:1. You have to go to som1 who knows what they are doing! strictly mt look him up in shop forum.
How'd you find out the head was shaven twice before yours? I was wondering the same the other day, would the machine shop be able to determine the current dimensions (considering how much they took off- milled) and compare that to the stock dimensions? or is there another way?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Not harsh, just truthful

No point in sleeving the motor and using H beam rods all for just a small 75 shot. You can run a much larger shot with that bulletproof block. 150-200 shot. Great choice on cams. Small displacement at 81.5 though. No point in spending money on a golden eagle crank, oem from honda maybe balanced will do just fine. I'd look into some forged high compression pistons from maybe wiseco as well, ctr's have a crazy dome height and you can run into some issues. Good luck with build.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Raven,
You got some good advice here. And you already had an idea of a way to go.
What did you decide to go with? We never lose our interest in cars. I realize
that this is an old thread.
Do you still have the car? I was wondering about updates. Do you have some
pics for us? What are you working on lately?-Bob

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/