Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

air-to-water Intercooler setup

Old 05-31-2003, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air-to-water Intercooler setup

I believe I have all the parts for an air-to-water setup (intercooler unit, heat exhanger, reservoir, and water pump). I was wondering if anyone here has an air-to-water setup on their turbocharged setup. I'd like to take a look at it if possible to see if I want to bother with this or just get a fmic. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:50 AM
Old School "Turbo" dude

im guessing you are thinking about this for your CRX if thats the case you sould stick with Air to air. but if you want to drag race on hot summer days get a air to water.

im planning on later getting a air to water ic that i would use only at the drag strip. i already have a big frount mount. (check avatar)

Buy a TR email address Here
Old 06-01-2003, 08:51 AM
All Vacuum

I run Air to water on my Merkur, its a great setup. My intercooler sits right over my turbo so yeah it gets hot and i can tell when it gets heat soaked. But i dont run the pump all the time and the only way it gets hot is if im in traffic. I hit the switch for the pump and in about 5-10 mins its back down in temp and the car is pulling strong again. Just make sure air gets to your heat exchanger and you should be good to go. If you want to check out my setup i live in npr and just drop me a pm i can give you my number.

Toys are fun, atleast they dont say NO.

Like to drink buy a drinking tee
http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/mi...s-more-289609/

Old 06-01-2003, 10:38 AM

I think it may be a little complicated and I don't know where to put the reservoir. I just want a clean interior and not see the reservoir when I'm in the car.

TurboJZA70-nice FMIC. What are you plans for the car? Is the setup complete yet? I'm actually thinking about this setup on an Integra. Crx was sold a few months back.

Rales, I'll PM you a few days to check out your setup. How do you like the setup?
Old 06-01-2003, 01:55 PM
All Vacuum

i love my setup, works pretty damn good, plus with a big turbo i would get some lag but with really short pips since the intercooler is sandwhiched between the turbo and the TB i get very little leg.... A heads up, im located in New Port Richey nearest cross roads are congress and ridge. Got any questions drop me a line at 727-236-0253

Toys are fun, atleast they dont say NO.

Like to drink buy a drinking tee
http://www.tampaforums.com/forums/mi...s-more-289609/

Old 06-01-2003, 02:03 PM
Old School "Turbo" dude

Rales, i keep hearing about your car from mike.. ide like to check it out some time.

Old 06-01-2003, 05:36 PM

Despite the weight and complexity involved, if you have two intercoolers of identical surface area and volume the water to air system will always be more efficient.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Old School "Turbo" dude

800 times more efficient.